How can all drives letters be displayed?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Cakewalk

How can all drives letters be displayed?

Post by *Cakewalk »

I've been using TC for some time, quite happy with it. A few days ago I had an upgrade, a new OS (Win 10) and a new computer. I downloaded TC, and, rather predictably, it's changed. Most changes seem to be straightforward. On the previous computer, TC had a list of drives, C, F, G, H etc. These were set up manually and were in a row immediately under the button bar. There was no data, just letters, where the present version has so many K free of so big a drive.

I cannot find a way to so display drives, and would be grateful if someone could advise me about this.

Filenames were in the form
Document name.doc
Picture name.pdf
The extension is now in separate column, making it a littler harder to see the file type. Is it possible to have the extensions part of the file name?

The black typeface on grey background is a little hard to read. Can the background be made coloured or removed?

Thank you.
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Re: How can all drives letters be displayed?

Post by *Stefan2 »

Check out the menu Configuration > Options...

petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2Cakewalk
I cannot find a way to so display drives, and would be grateful if someone could advise me about this.
"Configuration" -> "Options..." -> "Layout" -> "Show drive buttons"
Is it possible to have the extensions part of the file name?
"Configuration" -> "Options..." -> "Tabstops" -> "Show file extensions" -> "directly after filename"

But why don't you just copy you wincmd.ini file from your old installation to your new computer :?: :shock: :wink:
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Cakewalk

Post by *Cakewalk »

Stefan, I saw the colour edit screen but could not change the grey background for the boxes with drives (C:\) and "Name". No matter. it's only two boxes.

Peter, mange tak. The buttons are back where I like them. I did not move the *.ini file as I'm unfamiliar with this, and wanted a simple solution. Also, there are rather a lot of options in this powerful software, and I did not know where to look.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar