UI bug

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Csimbi

UI bug

Post by *Csimbi »

Start copying from one directory to another (make sure there is at least one file to overwrite).
Press background.
Now wait until the overwrite confirmation pops up. Don't press any buttons though.
Press the minimize button on the main TC window (I have it set up so that it minimizes to tray).
TC goes to tray, but he confirmation window goes with it and the copy thread is just hanging there.
I think that the confirmation dialog should belong to the thread, so if I minimize TC then it does not disappear.
Also, I would not wonder if all other dialogs behaved the same way.
Best regards: Csimbi
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 16-06-2004 17:30:41 +0000 Csimbi wrote:

C> Also, I would not wonder if all other dialogs behaved the
C> same way.

Yep, exactly the same... Specially I like that behavior downloading a bunch of files by BTM %\.[/face]
white
Power Member
Power Member

[TC 6.03a] BTM overwrite confirmation dialog not modal

Post by *white »

Csimbi wrote: I think that the confirmation dialog should belong to the thread, so if I minimize TC then it does not disappear.
That would be nice.

[speculation mode on]
I think this is what happens:
The BTM calls a remote function (in TC) to start the transfer in a thread. This function first checks if the destination file already exists. If the file exists already the overwrite confirmation dialog is displayed. No thread is created yet and the BTM window is still waiting for the function to finish. As a result the BTW window is not responding (does not even do a redraw).
[speculation mode off]

1. It would be nice if the BTM window would not freeze.
2. It would be nice if the overwrite confirmation dialog is displayed either by the BTM window or the background thread.
Csimbi wrote: Also, I would not wonder if all other dialogs behaved the same way.
Black Dog wrote: Yep, exactly the same... Specially I like that behavior downloading a bunch of files by BTM %\.
Not quite so. The FTP overwrite confirmation dialog behaves somewhat different. You can not press the minimize button on the main TC window when this dialog is displayed. In fact, you can not use TC when this dialog is displayed (modal dialog). I think this is the preferred way in the current implementation of TC. The copy overwrite confirmation dialog should behave the same way. In the current implementation you can have multiple overwrite confirmation dialogs at the same time. Only the last dialog will respond to your mouse clicks immediately. The other dialogs will seem to ignore your mouse clicks, but don't. When a dialog becomes the last dialog (an other dialog is closed) the mouse clicks that at first seemed to be ignored will be handled still.

Example:
  1. copy a file in the background (press F2 in the copy dialog). Make sure there is a file to overwrite.
  2. wait for the overwrite confirmation dialog.
  3. ignore the dialog and repeat step 1 and 2 for another file
  4. now two overwrite confirmation dialogs are displayed
  5. click on the Overwrite button in the dialog that was first displayed. It seems to not respond.
  6. click on the Overwrite button in the dialog that was last displayed. See what happens.