New tool: Ultra TC Configuration Editor

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

2ts4242

I made a request for your Configuration editor in the wrong place .

I like your tool it's going to be really comfortable to configure TC.

Thx for your engagement.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

2franck8244
Each Time you released a new version of your tool your are changing their name (Ultra TC Configuration Editor 1.00.exe and then Ultra TC Configuration Editor 2.00.exe)... As I've created shorcut in the main bar, I've to change it manually it's a bit boring
you're right, the next exe file name will not include the version Nr, but again you have to change your button shortcut :lol:
An Idea for a new tool : Ultra TC Bar editor, to edit (manipulate) *.bar file eventually with the help of program such as TCmenu or TCtoolbar...(with a preview mode )
What do you think?
defenitly you have the sixth sense, the idea is running on my head since i had finished Start & Directory editor but up to now i cannot find out what the new that i can offer in this tool and you cannot find it in the TC built-in toolbar editor
if i did not find this new things i will never start.

2sheepdog
sheepdog wrote
Just a request: Please could you add a support to use different 'TC all keys.txt'?
if i'm not misunderstand your request this feature is already supported
when you execute File>Open Data File... the program read the contents of the file you select to open whatever its name, whatever its contents, whatever its langauge as long as it is formmated according to the template i discribed in the help file (Readme) please read this file you will find some guidelines help you to create your won data file.

after finishing, if you like you can send your translation to me to publish it with the program in the next release. but please make your data file global use like the file "tc all keys.txt" comes with the program.
Clo

Pending idea

Post by *Clo »

2ts4242
:) Hello !
¤ What about THIS?
* Either embedded in an already existing tool of yours, or as a stand-alone tool, it should be useful for newbies and others…
:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
franck8244
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *franck8244 »

2ts4242

When I manipulate toolbar in TC I can not do anything else except if I have launched 2 TC at the same time.
Creating & Editind multiple bar in TC is a bit boring cause you can work with only one... :(

:idea: Ideas :
1) Maybe on the left we can have a list of all *.bar and a preview of the higlighted one on the middle top that would allows us to test link between *.bar

2) Automatically create a folder structure :
C:\My1stFolder\My2ndFolder\MyExe should be divided into multiple *.bar file that are called with the good parameters :
*.bar1 contains a button representing MyFolder1 and by clicking it it would called TCmenu (or TCtoolbar) with *.bar2 containing a button to start MyExe and so on (Am I clear ?)

3) Other things I have to think about....

Have a nice Day :D
TC#88260 -
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

2Clo & franck8244
Thanks for your ideas
here is what i was thinking about this tool
show nested toolbars as tree in a left panel, the default.bar is the root and any button its command refer to a *.bar will be treated as branch. the selected bar its contents will shown in the right panel with common editing fields.
this wide glance about my thoughts. but i still haven't enough interest to start coding :(
franck8244
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *franck8244 »

2ts4242

If you want to find ideas maybe you could start a poll about this "wanted" tool ... This way you may know if people are interested in or not...
TC#88260 -
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

2Russian usersI have recieved a Russian translation for "tc all keys.txt" and "tc selected keys.txt" if you need you can find them HERE

2sheepdog
the Russian translator add "DriveLib" under Generel Settings, this key not in English file comes with the program
there are some keys not listed in TC help file like
DriveLib
ShowParentDirInRoot (which already in English file)
DirTabOptions (i did not added it coz it easier to set its value from TC options)
DirTabLimit

this for your knowledge only :)