New plugin available: Cloud (access to Box, Dropbox, etc).

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Mir108

Re: New plugin available: Cloud (access to Box, Dropbox, etc).

Post by *Mir108 »

Hi Horst,

Maybe you dont have inplemented things in jar files. Try to download it in normal chrome/browser, and see if you get the message after u finished download, Google does the following: (scanning viruses)-> (wait for like 1 min till download starts)->Finished->"This kind of files can cause damage in your computer. Are you sure you want to keep this file?" (Save/Reject) and you need to push save every time, if you dont have this popup then you wont have the problem. I can't send the jar file but if you inplement a few things (boot server etc) into the jar, you should get this message.

Thx Mir
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Mir108 wrote: 2020-02-24, 12:55 UTC Hi Horst,

Maybe you dont have inplemented things in jar files. Try to download it in normal chrome/browser, and see if you get the message after u finished download, Google does the following: (scanning viruses)-> (wait for like 1 min till download starts)->Finished->"This kind of files can cause damage in your computer. Are you sure you want to keep this file?" (Save/Reject) and you need to push save every time, if you dont have this popup then you wont have the problem. I can't send the jar file but if you inplement a few things (boot server etc) into the jar, you should get this message.

Thx Mir
Tested download of JAR files from Google drive with Firefox and Chrome.
It short just says Scanning for viruses and then the download proceeds without problems.
But I don't see what should be the problem with the cloud plugin ?
The plugin doesn't have such environment and just copies the files without such checks.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
Mir108

Post by *Mir108 »

But if the file is "dangerous" google asks for a confirmation, and thats the problem that the plugin does not handle google's question and does not answer with a "yes ill keep the file". And because of this it gets an error 500. If this is handled then it will be no prob but ghisler does not have files to test this thing out sadly. If someone has jar or any file that do this and can send it to him i think he could catch this error and fix it in 2.30 version easy:) I have jar-s but they contain sensitive data that i have no right to send (not my property). So sorry.

Pelican on the other hand might have something that he could share.
Hoping for the best:)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

There seems to be a new flag "acknowledgeAbuse" to download such files without warning:
https://developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/reference/files/get

The question is whether I should really set that? It would be best to ask the user, but the error you get
"Error: 500 Internal Server Error"
doesn't tell me that the download failed because acknowledgeAbuse wasn't set...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Mir108

Post by *Mir108 »

Yes the best would be a popup to accept or deny the "acknowledgeAbuse" but if you want it simple you could set it to always yes as default or something like that, but that would be a problem for a few users and would cause complaints maybe.... (not me:))
I dont know where to look for other logs i can just see the logs in the ftp window. Are there logs anywhere else?

Another thing if i may, if you close commander and are connected to cloud (and have a password set) sometimes if you relogin, after a long time like a workday, or after restart, or your computer was sleeping for like 1-2 days, to the same cloud (like drive) , then go into a directory, commander closes, not every time but sometimes.(If somebody could confirm this, that would be great, if im the only one with this problem then its my windows at fault:))
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2020-02-25, 09:34 UTC There seems to be a new flag "acknowledgeAbuse" to download such files without warning:
https://developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/reference/files/get

The question is whether I should really set that? It would be best to ask the user, but the error you get
"Error: 500 Internal Server Error"
doesn't tell me that the download failed because acknowledgeAbuse wasn't set...
For me you should set that as default and make an ini file entry to change it.
I don't expect such checks and warnings from a file copy plugin.
Anti-virus checks are the responsibility of the localy installed software which should catch it after copying.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
kyssling

Post by *kyssling »

Hello please can you write something about security with Cloud Connection to OneDrive ?
Is it encrypted communications ? I see FTP as Transfer Mode ...

Very thanks for answer ...
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, it uses https. The FTP toolbar is only used for the disconnect button.
techjaw

Post by *techjaw »

Good morning,

The great idea doesn't work, unfortunately, I plugged in the 2.20 plug from google drive and shows me only two folders:
<shared drivers>
<shared>
both empty inside. Help.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

This means that you either don't have any files in the account you used to connect, or you don't have the right to access them with Total Commander. Do you see any errors in the log? You can create one via Configuration - Options - FTP, which logs also all plugins.
Tass

Post by *Tass »

Hi.

I love this plugin :)

I got 4 questions:
  1. Is there a way to change the used temp folder with Cloud plugin? If not, I would like to suggest it for next update.
    I use really big files in Drive and when I use features that requires download to temp folder, they fail because I don't have enough space in my system drive (or don't want to wear the SSD off with huge temp files), it happens to me when I try to compare a file. It would be great to be able to set a diferent drive for temp files for the plugin.
  2. Can it be implemented to use MD5 hash to compare files with Google Drive using Google hash in their side?
  3. Sometimes I got a rare behaviour of the plugin, when copying lots of files, some folder fail to copy to the target location and gets copied to the root folder in Drive. What can I do to show you this problem? I mean, log, video,...?
  4. Can it be made so deleted files go to Drive recycled bin? I've seen it done in stand alone programs, so I wonder if it can be done via pluggin

Thanks a lot for all the work!!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

1. No, TEMP is a system-wide setting. You can change it via control panel - system.
2. Currently there is no plugin interface function to request hashes for files, sorry. I need to add this functionality to Total Commander itself before plugins can implement it.
3. Yes, please enable FTP logging (this also logs all plugins) via Configuration - Options - FTP
4. I will have to check that in the Google Drive docs.
Tass

Post by *Tass »

I turned on ftp logging and will submit the log as soon as it happens again.
Is it in your plans to add that function to request hashes and to put deleted files in the bin or is it out of the table at this time?

Thanks a lot for all your work in TC.
Tass

Post by *Tass »

Two more things Christian.

When in a Google Drive unit, if I use the \ button to go to the root, it goes to the root of the plugin \\Cloud, instead of the root of the share \\Cloud\Drive. Is that intended? Wouldn't it be better if you go to the active cloud unit root?

Also, I can make 2 connections in a single instance of TC, but not 3. For example, I connect my Drive and put an upload on background, then I put another background upload. After that, I have 2 connections live to the same share, so I can't even connect again to it, because listing the folder will timeout. In fact, I can't even connect to a different Google Drive, not just the one with the background uploads, and it also fails if the 2 uploads are to different Google Drive. But, if I start a second instance of Total Commander, I can make another 2 connections even with the other 2 in background. So I think it's not a Google limit.

This is what log shows, the timeout from the TC instance with 2 background connections (lines 1 to 4), the OK one from a 2nd TC instance without any connection on its own (lines 5 to 11):
Spoiler
=================
Get dir: \
HTTP error: Timeout
HttpSendRequest failed: Timeout
POST /o/oauth2/token HTTP/1.1
200 OK
CONNECT \Drive Tass
=================
Get dir: \
GET /drive/v2/files?q='root'+in+parents+and+trashed=false&fields=items(downloadUrl,exportLinks,fileSize,id,mimeType,modifiedDate,title,shared),nextPageToken&maxResults=1000&pageToken=&supportsAllDrives=true HTTP/1.1
200 OK
Thanks!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

When in a Google Drive unit, if I use the \ button to go to the root, it goes to the root of the plugin \\Cloud, instead of the root of the share \\Cloud\Drive. Is that intended? Wouldn't it be better if you go to the active cloud unit root?
Yes, it would be better - but TC doesn't know whether a plugin uses connections internally, or just one location like the registry plugin.
Also, I can make 2 connections in a single instance of TC, but not 3.
This might be a restriction by Google itself.