Sorting doesn't work on directories

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Thany

Sorting doesn't work on directories

Post by *Thany »

I just stumbled across this... very weird that it doesn't work, is there a special reason? Because I'd really like to sort a bunch of directories by date, so I can see which one I downloaded most recently ;)
Clo

Post by *Clo »

2Thany
:) Hello !
- To sort dirs by date, you must have the files sorted by date, and "Sort dirs : ¤ Like the files..." in the Options >>Display

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Thany
so I can see which one I downloaded most recently
In addition you could create a filter which shows new directories and files in a special color.

In the Configuration window select the Color page and check "Define colors by filetype" and press the button. Press "Add" and then "Define". Go to the advanced tab and check "Not older than" 0 days. Now press "Save" and enter "New stuff" for example. Now select the filter from the list and press OK. In the color select dialog select an appropriate color and press OK.

You'll see new/lately modified files immediately!
mhe

Post by *mhe »

Lefteous wrote:2Thany
so I can see which one I downloaded most recently
In addition you could create a filter which shows new directories and files in a special color.

In the Configuration window select the Color page and check "Define colors by filetype" and press the button. Press "Add" and then "Define". Go to the advanced tab and check "Not older than" 0 days. Now press "Save" and enter "New stuff" for example. Now select the filter from the list and press OK. In the color select dialog select an appropriate color and press OK.

You'll see new/lately modified files immediately!
Wow i didnt know that, even though ive been using colors for files a long time. Many thanks, great tip!