Removed

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

norfie
Power Member
Power Member

Removed

Post by *norfie »

Last edited by norfie on 2004-09-12, 15:26 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2norfie
I don't really know why you are referring to my first posting. I have already written it contains a completely wrong solution.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

Don't feed the trolls. ;)

sheepdog

[mod]
Please stop posting this. I don't think it's necessary anymore.

Lefteous (Moderator) [/mod]
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
CoMiKe

Post by *CoMiKe »

Sorry about off-topic, moderators, but where can we, normal forum users, talk about moderation? :?:

I haven't been reading the forum for about a week, but I need to say that, I don't know if it's just me, but I hate the way moderators edit other users post's to moderate the discussions. :x

I mean, it's just uncomfortable to see coloured text inside a member post writen by moderators, I would prefer that they write a new post.

I suppose the reason to do that editings is to avoid people replying moderator comments, but this is unavoidable. :!:

And lastly, I think moderation is being abused, perhaps due to the fact moderation is new at this forum.

Hope this post doesn't disturb anyone, it's not meant to have that aim.

Greetings, CoMiKe.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2CoMiKe
Sorry about off-topic, moderators, but where can we, normal forum users, talk about moderation? Question
This thread is a good one to discuss moderation: http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=4796
Did you forget about this thread? You already used it to discuss moderation
I haven't been reading the forum for about a week, but I need to say that, I don't know if it's just me, but I hate the way moderators edit other users post's to moderate the discussions. Mad

I mean, it's just uncomfortable to see coloured text inside a member post writen by moderators, I would prefer that they write a new post.

I suppose the reason to do that editings is to avoid people replying moderator comments, but this is unavoidable. Exclamation
You are right it's to avoid starting offtopic threads. If you have a problem with a moderators comment send him an email (see forum rules).
Example: A thread has been started, there are 5 replies yet. The topic starter has used insulting words in his posting. What to do now? Add a comment at the end of the thread or as an edit behind the topic starters posting?
Post editing instead of making a new posting has another reason. It should be possible for users to distinguish between postings of a members who is also a Moderator and his moderator comments.
One more remark: Red has been chosen to have a color which can be read in both cobalt and subsilver styles.
And lastly, I think moderation is being abused, perhaps due to the fact moderation is new at this forum.
Well that's your personal opinion. If you want to complain send an email with concrete examples.
I guess it's not unusual that inventing moderators causes some trouble. The current problem is that there are no concrete rules how this forum will be moderated visible for users.
There will be a "moderator guidelines" sticky for everyone visible soon - in all forums. Stay tuned!

As you have told us your opinion about moderation in generell http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=4796&start=120
it's no suprise you are not happy about all moderator actions and comments.
Vansumsen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Vansumsen »

Image: http://users.swing.be/paul.vansumsen/colombepaix.jpg

This post has been auto-moderated by his author himself :wink:

Paul VANSUMSEN (Auto-moderator)
Ouistiti, #11943

L'important n'est pas de convaincre, mais de donner à réfléchir.
The important thing is not to convince, but to incite to think.

CoMiKe

Post by *CoMiKe »

Well that's your personal opinion. If you want to complain send an email with concrete examples.
It is, in fact; I don't want to impose nothing. As I said before, I was not reading the forum from about a week (when there was no moderation) and I was a bit dissapointed with the way to use moderation.

Anyway, I want to clarify that I fully respect chosen moderators (Lefteous, Hacker and Clo) and his comments. It's just I don't like the way moderation is being visually commited :-)

Finally, I want to excuse if at any time I've seemed a bit aggresive, it can be due I have problems translating my thoughs into English. :oops:

Saludos!

EDIT: Excuse me about this post, feel free to move it to the correct thread (http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=4943)

[mod]
First, sorry for so much red color 8)
Unfortunately the current installation of the forum software doesn't offer such a feature. The only way I can provide to you at the moment is to copy this posting yourself to the target thread and make a request to delete your posting at the old location (the last part you already did).
The only problem in this concrete case is that you have quoted text from a posting in this thread.

Greetings Lefteous (Moderator)[/mod]