FTP Plugin - constant disconnects while copying folders with video files

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Zergatul

FTP Plugin - constant disconnects while copying folders with video files

Post by *Zergatul »

I faced this problem on 2 devices (Mi 9T Pro and Huawei MatePad Pro, both Android 10), before this I thought that this can be something with my device.
When I copy folder with video files downloading gets stuck in the middle of file. It is always random file and random place (about every 50 Mb). I am copying files from my local network, I am running Microsoft IIS FTP server with default settings. When I am playing the same files via VLC for Android, it works fine (I am using network address ftp://).
If there is any kind of logs I can take in order to investigate the problem, I would like to help.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FTP Plugin - constant disconnects while copying folders with video files

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

These are caused by the power saving functions of your device. They kill the plugin to save battery, because they treat it as a background app (although they are using foreground services).

To fix it, open the Android settings and go to "power save" or similar options. In the list of apps, look for Totalcmd-ftp app and disable all power saving options.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Zergatul

Re: FTP Plugin - constant disconnects while copying folders with video files

Post by *Zergatul »

Thank you, this helped.
If someone will search for this in future:
  • On MIUI 12: Settings -> Apps -> Manage Apps -> (select TotalCmd-FTP) -> Battery Saver -> (select No restrictions)
  • On EMUI 10: Settings -> Apps -> (select TotalCmd-FTP) -> Power usage details -> App launch -> (unselect Manage automatically, select Secondary launch, select Run in background)