Lan plugin permission denied, VLC and solid explorer work fine. Linux user

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

thebudman420

Lan plugin permission denied, VLC and solid explorer work fine. Linux user

Post by *thebudman420 »

I am trying to get the solid explorer LAN plug-in on android nougat to work. Other apps work fine without any password as guest but solid explorer LAN plug-in isn't working. It seems to work fine with VLC player and Solid explorer although i use total commander sometimes for various reasons and a backup.

I tried entering nothing in the username and password field and this used to work fine. Although i have recently updated Linux and Total Commander and the LAN plug-in since then. I don't want my PC password in my phone so i won't do it this way. Linux was a complete re-install as i borked it during a manual upgrade so i re-formated and re-partitioned my drives and installed.

I am on Linux Mint 20 cinnamon. I have tried entering nothing in the name and password field, I have tried entering guest in both and also tried with an upper case G, I have tried my username without a password. I also tried Anonymous and anonymous.

smb.conf info below. This has worked for many versions of Linux and everything could always connect fine across Windows 7, Android and Linux. I right click a folder to share and click enable guest access and create share. The one thing that did change is smb2 and i will most likely be dropping smb2 for smb1 as some of my older devices may not connect. I haven't changed this part yet and Solid Explorer and VLC on android are connecting fine via SMB2. Without any password.

workgroup = WORKGROUP
browseable = Yes
usershare owner only = False
force user = myusername
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lan plugin permission denied, VLC and solid explorer work fine. Linux user

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, my plugin does not currently support connections without a password, because Windows doesn't allow that on the server side.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
thebudman420

Re: Lan plugin permission denied, VLC and solid explorer work fine. Linux user

Post by *thebudman420 »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2020-12-11, 15:11 UTC Sorry, my plugin does not currently support connections without a password, because Windows doesn't allow that on the server side.

Is this something to do with that horrible windows 10? I never had an issue with this under windows 7 and needing a password. Or on my Linux my only operating system.

I could of sworn when testing windows 10 i could set it up the same even. Although i may of enabled smb1.

Total commander never needed a password before the new updates.

I have never set a password for smb shares is how i know. And it has always worked without one.

My uncle is the only person here that sometimes use windows but works fine without password there all along too.

You just disable password sharing so it wont require a password and simple file sharing setting in folder options and set permissions to everyone and do so on file directory permissions. Only allow write if you need it for safety. Works everytime that way. Always did. You disable the setting that requires password. I can give screenshots if needed.

Always worked to share out of my linux this way too.