Services2 - File-system plugin to list and manage services

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Services2 - File-system plugin to list and manage services

Post by *Fla$her »

Dalai wrote: 2022-06-28, 20:46 UTCBefore I can even implement it, I'm going to post a longer description of the issues I face to open up a discussion on how to implement it.
It's good at least that there is hope. Will this discussion be in a separate thread?
Dalai wrote: 2022-06-28, 20:46 UTCI think you can understand that. Maybe you can add one of them to your vast TC plugin collection once I publish them ;).
Sure I can. It's not excluded. )
Overquoting is evil! 👎
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Fla$her wrote: 2022-06-30, 01:18 UTCIt's good at least that there is hope.
Well, after testing a preliminary implementation (and that of the other plugin you mentioned), I find such feature useful. So, as long as it's feasible to implement, I'm going to do that.
Will this discussion be in a separate thread?
Probably not. Don't worry, you won't miss it.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

2Dalai
OK. Good news. :)
Overquoting is evil! 👎
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

It's been 2 years and 3 months. I would like to finally get some kind of solution. 🙄
Overquoting is evil! 👎
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Please be patient. I will post that description eventually. I've written it down already (not finalized yet), but as soon as I post it I need time to think about what people say - and that's something I'm currently short on. Not giving any feedback to user's thoughts, or taking months to do so, isn't something I'm keen to do. I hate it when other people don't react to bug reports I give them so I won't do the same the other way around.
#101164 Personal licence

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

Dalai wrote: 2023-06-13, 22:13 UTC Not giving any feedback to user's thoughts, or taking months to do so, isn't something I'm keen to do.
Do you understand how strange this sounds to me when the consideration has been going on for more than two years? :roll:
Dalai wrote: 2023-06-13, 22:13 UTC I hate it when other people don't react to bug reports I give them so I won't do the same the other way around.
What do you mean? Have you addressed bugs to anyone? Privately? Or is there a public link?
Overquoting is evil! 👎
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Fla$her wrote: 2023-06-14, 00:31 UTC
Dalai wrote: 2023-06-13, 22:13 UTC Not giving any feedback to user's thoughts, or taking months to do so, isn't something I'm keen to do.
Do you understand how strange this sounds to me when the consideration has been going on for more than two years? :roll:
I don't see strangeness here. I've given feedback on your suggestion, considered it useful (and still do), but I also said that I've been facing issues regarding the implementation and I'm going to open a discussions about these.

I understand that it might be frustrating for you not having seen any progress. But as I said a couple of posts back: If it was simple I would've implemented it a long time ago.
What do you mean? Have you addressed bugs to anyone? Privately? Or is there a public link?
I've given numerous bug reports and suggestions to various software projects over the years, and in some cases the author(s) didn't react in any way for some amount of time, or even never in two or three cases. That is something really frustrating and annoying.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence

Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

Dalai wrote: 2023-06-14, 14:41 UTC I don't see strangeness here. I've given feedback on your suggestion, considered it useful (and still do), but I also said that I've been facing issues regarding the implementation and I'm going to open a discussions about these.
It looks strange, if only because you started talking about starting a discussion a year ago.
Dalai wrote: 2023-06-14, 14:41 UTC I understand that it might be frustrating for you not having seen any progress. But as I said a couple of posts back: If it was simple I would've implemented it a long time ago.
I understand. But we are not eternal, and time flies. 2 years is a term. 😔
Dalai wrote: 2023-06-14, 14:41 UTC I've given numerous bug reports and suggestions to various software projects over the years, and in some cases the author(s) didn't react in any way for some amount of time, or even never in two or three cases. That is something really frustrating and annoying.
The attitude to this is clear, but does it have a direct bearing on our situation?
Overquoting is evil! 👎