How to start nvim-qt without a black terminal window via Total Commander?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

linkun

How to start nvim-qt without a black terminal window via Total Commander?

Post by *linkun »

Every time I start nvim-qt via a Total Commander button. Neovim starts with a black terminal window. How to start nvim-qt without a black terminal window via Total Commander button?
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: How to start nvim-qt without a black terminal window via Total Commander?

Post by *Dalai »

How does your button look like, i.e. which command and parameters are used?

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stefan2 »

linkun wrote: 2022-09-14, 09:53 UTC Every time I start nvim-qt via a Total Commander button.
Neovim starts with a black terminal window.
How to start nvim-qt without a black terminal window via Total Commander button?

See the help of the CMD-command and use "cmd.exe /c"
And as Dalai suggested, right click your button an chose "copy" and paste that code here.

nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

I also use neovim-qt, when i launch it using full path, i do not have any black terminal !
If you installed with scoop or using a shim and do not point to "real nvim-qt.exe with full path", you can have such terminal an this is the shim/exe behavior.
I use https://github.com/neovim/neovim/releases/download/v0.7.2/nvim-win64.zip on a dedicated folder (C:\tools\nvim) and using c:\Users\<MyName>\AppData\Local\nvim-data\ as data folder !
linkun

Post by *linkun »

nsp wrote: 2022-09-14, 14:44 UTC I also use neovim-qt, when i launch it using full path, i do not have any black terminal !
If you installed with scoop or using a shim and do not point to "real nvim-qt.exe with full path", you can have such terminal an this is the shim/exe behavior.
I use https://github.com/neovim/neovim/releases/download/v0.7.2/nvim-win64.zip on a dedicated folder (C:\tools\nvim) and using c:\Users\<MyName>\AppData\Local\nvim-data\ as data folder !
You are right. I installed Neovim with scoop and point to "real nvim-qt.exe with full path". So it doesn't work. I have fixed this problem. Thank you.