Wrong HD (seems to issued by "True Image 2020 virtual drive for backups")

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Loomy

Wrong HD (seems to issued by "True Image 2020 virtual drive for backups")

Post by *Loomy »

Image: Hi Together,
Last weekend I did a back-up using Acronis True Image. Since that I noticed an additional partition on my TX v10.51. The partition was named "restoration partition" in the Windows 10 Disk Management. The restoration partition was named "m" in the TC, however had not letter in the Disk Management of Windows. TC subtitle for this partition "m" was taken from the "C" drive (System). Before this partition was visible under the Windows 10 Disk Management (pls. see an example from my 2. PC), however not in TC.
To solve this issue, I defined the 500 MB partition as as a basic partition and joined it with my C-drive to one overall partition, however TC still recognizes a separate "m" partition.
Is there anybody, who could explain me this phenomenon and guides me of how to delete this and get back to the initial state?

Many thanks and
Kind regards
Achim
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wrong HD

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Please check in Windows 10 Disk Management, there you can set or remove a drive letter for a partition. To open Disk Management, right-click the Start button and select Disk Management.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Loomy

Post by *Loomy »

Hi,
I already checked this. There was no drive letter available. I then merged this drive (named "m") with my "C" drive there is no change.
Many thanks for your thoughts and advice. Any other idea?
Kind regards
Achim
joe910

Post by *joe910 »

Did you by chance mount the Acronis backup file? This would make the backup appear as a drive letter. To remove the drive you would need to dismount the volume.
Loomy

Post by *Loomy »

Hi Joe,
definitely not on purpose. But I'll check during the weekend and come back to you.
Many thanks for your thoughts and
Kind regards
Achim
Loomy

Post by *Loomy »

Hi Joe,
Meanwhile I found out that True Image 2020 installs a virtual drive for mobile back-ups. I asked the Acronis support for guidance of how to deactivate this virtual drive.
Many thanks and
Kind regards
Achim