[Not a bug] Found a little confusing behavior regarding Tab/Sort on Prefered folders + auto tab colors

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Mjolnir

[Not a bug] Found a little confusing behavior regarding Tab/Sort on Prefered folders + auto tab colors

Post by *Mjolnir »

This is not a bug, but a "history missing" on go back to previous directory, when having an auto Tabcolor & sorting on a definded "Auto switch mode" folder.

My "test" configuration :

View mode "color" + sort:
1. Have defined tab colors like : a "Red" tab color option, and a "Black" color
2. The "Black" color is always sorted by "Date" + Descending

Autos witch mode
1. Define that, for example, the "c:\temp" folder => "set this mode" = "Black"
2. Check the "Automatically switch view mode on directory change"

Add folder to favorites
1. Add this folder (c:\temp) to the "Change directory menu" (accessible via Ctrl+D)

My test:

1. be in any folder, like "c:\windows" (possibly set the tab color to "Red" & tick the "lock the tab, but directory change allowed"), and set the sort mode to the "default" one (by name I guess ?)
2. call the "Change directory menu" (via Ctrl+D)
3. Select/got to the "c:\temp" folder
=> Status: OK, tab folder is black, sort order is by "Date" + Descending

Then:
4. Go back to previous folder (in my example case : c:\windows) via the TC back button (cm_GotoPreviousDir)
=> Status: quite annoying (not a bug for sure, but...): the tab color goes back to defaut one (not the red specified), and the sort order remains the one set by the "Black" tab color (not the previous one)
=> Point: couldn't there be a "back history" on tab color & sort point ?
Note : I guess may be hard to implement... For the "Red", I may specify that the "Sort order" is "Name Ascending", but fact that, on "go back" the tab color is lost, it's quite useless
Longue vie a TC... déjà + de 20 ans de bons et loyaux services chez moi !
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [Not a bug] Found a little confusing behavior regarding Tab/Sort on Prefered folders + auto tab colors

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The history only keeps the directory and the cursor position in the directory. When you go that previous folder, TC sees a change in "Auto switch mode" location and applies the new mode.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Mjolnir

Re: [Not a bug] Found a little confusing behavior regarding Tab/Sort on Prefered folders + auto tab colors

Post by *Mjolnir »

Yep, I guessed something like that.
Thx for the response.
Longue vie a TC... déjà + de 20 ans de bons et loyaux services chez moi !