Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

lneam

FTP file copy issue: total progress-view is freeze up to the end

Post by *lneam »

Total Commander 3.40b4
TotalCmd-FTP (File Transfers) 2.42
tested on my device with android 9 + 10

i am using latest version of beta from playstore. This is not a today problem, it is happening maybe last 2 years or more. i download latest betas, because i was hooping those issues has been solved

i have a modem/router with usb port and NAS capabilities.i have install a usb 32GB with fat32 format. not always, but from time to time ...
- when i select some files to copy from device to usb memory, the upper bar of the file progress is OK, but the bar of total progress is freeze up to the end
- when i copy a folder with only one file or more, the upper bar of the file progress is OK, but the bar of total progress is freeze up to the end

nice to have
- real time speed meter and time left to the window of progress.useful especially at bluetooth or usb OTG
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FTP file copy issue: total progress-view is freeze up to the end

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It sounds like you use the control connection during longer file transfers. FTP uses separate connections for sending commands to the server, and for transferring files. During a file transfer, there is no data sent over the control connection, so a router may see it as inactive and drop the connection.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
lneam

Post by *lneam »

Hi,
thanks for your answer. unfortunately, i don't have the experience to understand what you are saying to me. Is there any option / setting to change for solve the issue ?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Probably not - most consumer grade routers don't allow to change the TCP timeout.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com