Android TV support?

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Dogway

Android TV support?

Post by *Dogway »

Just grabbed a Chromecast HD which uses Android TV (Google TV layer). I searched for Total Commander but didn't show up in the searches.
Is it compatible or do I need to install from outside Play Store?

In either case, is it possible to send files directly between one device TC (ie Tablet) to another device TC (Chromecast)?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Android TV support?

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Google TV isn't currently supported because the experience is horrible without a touch screen.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Dogway

Post by *Dogway »

Well tired of waiting for reply I went my way and installed 3.40b4, works fine for me, except for Drive plugin not working and LAN requiring me to input the password every single time.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Drive plugin needs a logged-in Google account. The LAN plugin can store the password, either unprotected or protected with a master password. Hold down the OK button on a connection name until the context menu appears, and then choose "Properties".
Dogway

Post by *Dogway »

Thanks! That did the trick, as long as the password is not saved as plain text I'm fine. For the Drive plugin I guess I need to install the Drive app or something? I'm not sure how it works on Android TV, in any case I shared my local PC Google Drive backup through LAN, but I'm still thinking on an easy way to send files from phone or tablet to TV.
I also found myself wanting to copy text from a text file, using TC text editor I could read but didn't know how to select or copy, tried with long hold button without success.

So far good enough and I take the chance to thank you for the APP, it's the first thing I install on any Android device, although I already knew about the PC explorer from long ago.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

No, you don't need the drive app. You just need to be logged in to the Play Store.
cheeseus

Post by *cheeseus »

I'm using TC (v.3.33, uncrippled) on my Sharp Aquos Android TV with LAN plugin to load stuff and install downloaded apps. It's true it takes a lot of clicking up/down/sideways with the D-pad but it works :)