EdgeViewer - Modern HTML viewer plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

rg_software

Re: Modern HTML viewer plugin

Post by *rg_software »

1) Yes, rename the key into BrowserExecutableX64Folder, it will work (the typo is in the ini only).
2) I think you really got to uninstall the plugin and remove the detect string then reinstall it back. At least, on my machine detect string works fine, so let's reconfirm it. I don't think I can parse the directory inside the plugin, because if a file isn't matched with a detect string by a TC, the plugin won't be called at all.
3) These files are AsciiDoc, which I use quite a lot.
4) Not sure I can do it for PDF, but I'll try one idea.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2AntonyD
Default DETECT string is: EXT=""|EXT=""|EXT=""????
not here - I get:
"EXT="HTM"|EXT="HTML"|EXT="XML"|EXT="PDF"|EXT="MD"|EXT="MARKDOWN"|EXT="ADOC"|EXT="ASCIIDOC""
when I do a reinstall.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2rg_software
Yes, rename the key into BrowserExecutableX64Folder, it will work
Hmm, here BrowserExecutableX86Folder and BrowserExecutableFolder works, but not BrowserExecutableX64Folder
License #524 (1994)
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

2rg_software
2petermad
I use a tool "TCPlugman" that polls the plugin for which DETECT string it uses.
In fact, this is exactly the same poll that Total does. And for all the other plugins, this tool doesn't let you down.
It shows what plugins are really telling Total regarding this DETECT-string. And the reinstallation didn't do anything special in my case.
Also something needs to be done with the INI file. When (re)installing, it constantly overwrites the file that I have already corrected for my needs.
As a result, I constantly have to do double work. First, just copy the file, and then put the values I need there again.
Maybe you should introduce a new support for USER.INI?

For me both var. work:
BrowserExecutableX86Folder && BrowserExecutableX64Folder
#146217 personal license
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2AntonyD
My TC Plugins Manager 2.2.8 shows exactly the same detect string as I see in wincmd.ini

Did you delete the detect string for edgeviewer in wincmd.ini before reinstalling?
License #524 (1994)
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

2petermad
Again - pls, open this utility, click Lister tab, choose this plugin, click button with big blue right-aligned arrow "Tweak"
In opened dialog pls click the middle second button "Default" and... be surprised that the DETECT string will be nulled :roll: .
Pressing this button exactly means that when we asked the plugin - which EXT do you support - it answers with NULL string.

In other words, I want to say that LOOKING at the list of plugins and the list of extensions they support is not the most important thing at this util.
And not always useful. The main thing is the forced polling of each plugin in the specified way - thus we know for sure that the plugin actually implements support for these types of extensions.
Did you delete the detect string for edgeviewer in wincmd.ini before reinstalling?
yep.
#146217 personal license
rg_software

Post by *rg_software »

I am not sure if it matters, but in the plugin the detect string is formed dynamically upon first use by means of concatention of all supported extensions from the ini file. In other words, if for some reason ini file is not found, you won't get a correct detect string.
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

rg_software wrote: 2022-11-29, 14:05 UTC I am not sure if it matters, but in the plugin the detect string is formed dynamically upon first use by means of concatention of all supported extensions from the ini file. In other words, if for some reason ini file is not found, you won't get a correct detect string.
Strange case...
IMHO inside plugins' code you definitely should concat all EXTensions - having them hardcoded ;)
In this case you can be sure that plug will operate with appropriate extensions.
Support for expanding this line as lines in the INI file - just have to ADD something missing,
or something - about which the user considers it necessary to set in this line in addition to the default EXT values.

And what do the words mean - if the ini file was not found. And where can it "go" - if it is part of the plugin installation?
Or are you looking for this file not in your own installation folder ???

BTW for MarkDown ext I suggest to use next list:
EXT="MD"|EXT="MARKDOWN"|EXT="MDOWN"|EXT="MDTEXT"|EXT="MDTXT"|EXT="MDWN"|EXT="MK"|EXT="MKD"|EXT="MKDN"|EXT="MKDOWN"
got it from the opposite wlx_MarkdownView plugin
Last edited by AntonyD on 2022-11-29, 16:36 UTC, edited 3 times in total.
#146217 personal license
rg_software

Post by *rg_software »

My motivation is to keep detect string and ini somehow in sync.
I mentioned this only due to you mentioning TCPlugman; I will check it, but it was just a thought that it might be doing stuff somehow differently from the regular TC routine.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2AntonyD
Again - pls, open this utility, click Lister tab, choose this plugin, click button with big blue right-aligned arrow "Tweak"
In opened dialog pls click the middle second button "Default" and... be surprised that the DETECT string will be nulled :roll: .
Pressing this button exactly means that when we asked the plugin - which EXT do you support - it answers with NULL string.
Actually it answers with: EXT=""|EXT=""|EXT="" as you have also already pointed out yourself.

Nonetheless when I re-install the plugin, and all prior information about the plugins detect string is deleted from wincmd.ini then the this detect string is applied: "EXT="HTM"|EXT="HTML"|EXT="XML"|EXT="PDF"|EXT="MD"|EXT="MARKDOWN"|EXT="ADOC"|EXT="ASCIIDOC"" to wincmd.ini

another thing is that the plugin don't present any Description in TC Plugins Manager - but edgeviewer is not alone in that respect, that also applies to for example slister, cudalister, sumatrapdf, mmedia, diskdir, makebat, wpdplug, sftpplug, Startups and httpbrowser and several others (3 of the mentioned by ghisler).
License #524 (1994)
rg_software

Post by *rg_software »

another thing is that the plugin don't present any Description in TC Plugins Manager
Any idea why? I thought it is enough to fill out the description key in pluginst.inf
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

petermad wrote: 2022-11-30, 01:15 UTCanother thing is that the plugin don't present any Description in TC Plugins Manager - but edgeviewer is not alone in that respect, that also applies to for example slister, cudalister, sumatrapdf, mmedia, diskdir, makebat, wpdplug, sftpplug, Startups and httpbrowser and several others (3 of the mentioned by ghisler).
That's because the Description field of the plugin file's version information is empty. A lot of Christian Ghisler's plugins don't have file version information in them, e.g. xz, makebat, bzip2, sftp, and probably others.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
norfie²
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie² »

2rg_software
Thank you for your nice plugin. :mrgreen:

If your plugin is active in the lister then keys (e.g. 1 til 8 ) don't work anymore. :(
"War is evil, in so far as it makes more bad people than it takes away."
Immanuel Kant in "Perpetual Peace"
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

norfie² wrote: 2022-11-30, 08:41 UTC 2rg_software
Thank you for your nice plugin. :mrgreen:

If your plugin is active in the lister then keys (e.g. 1 til 8 ) don't work anymore. :(
Not confirmed
In the latest version they work for me
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
norfie²
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *norfie² »

Horst.Epp wrote: 2022-11-30, 09:00 UTCIn the latest version they work for me
It is here V1.0.1 from 27/11/2022
"War is evil, in so far as it makes more bad people than it takes away."
Immanuel Kant in "Perpetual Peace"