Wifi Transfer missing files

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

networx

Wifi Transfer missing files

Post by *networx »

Hello,

can someone explain me where locally the received files from the Wifitransfer are stored? Unfortunately I can not find any info on this.

I have transferred a number of files successfully. At some point, the connection dropped. After I reconnected between the same devices, the "wifitransfer" folder on the target device is empty.

This is extremely annoying, as some of the source files have already been deleted after the (supposedly) successful transfer.... :!:
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wifi Transfer missing files

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

They are stored in the folders you share by selecting them and then tapping on the copy button - via WiFi.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
networx

Post by *networx »

So the same folders on source and destination site?

What happens in case the folder does not exist on destination site?

I miss about 20 GB of data which was copied and shown in wifitransfer on destination site. Then the App has crashed and after restart wifitransfer folder is empty.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You cannot copy a folder to the root of the WiFi plugin server. Why? It is not associated with any target directory. You can share directories from multiple places, e.g. the "Camera" folder from internal memory and SD card. It's not clear where files or folders put in the root should go.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com