Basic File Renaming

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

agilefalcon

Basic File Renaming

Post by *agilefalcon »

Trying out Total Commander but cannot complete even a simple rename operation.
I am trying to rename a single file - I click on the filename, highlight the portion I want to change, type in the replacement text, and, Nothing happens.

How bizarre is that? Is there a setting that would impact this elementary of processes?
What other quirks are there - or is there an issue with my installation? I have not purchased the program yet, and not being able to rename a single file is a show stopper.

Chris.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Basic File Renaming

Post by *Dalai »

TC considers a renaming operation cancelled when clicking somewhere outside the file list, as opposed to Explorer. In TC inputs must be confirmed by pressing Enter (or by pressing cursor-down/-up to move to the next/previous list item).

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

... or by clicking the checkmark that appears when renaming.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
agilefalcon

Post by *agilefalcon »

Ah, thank you for the replies. Not what I expected at all. That's quite a unique process, but certainly simple enough.

Chris.