Using target=source on network drives

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

thhdk

Using target=source on network drives

Post by *thhdk »

Hi all,

Synchronization of right/left directories: For years I've pressed the drive buttons above the right window to get the same directory as in the left window and visa versa. I've recently begun working with network drives in the form of \\xxxx\yyyy etc and would like to be able to have the same option above each window to speed up navigation. I understand that I have two quick options: either use the target=source command located in the commands menu or use CTRL+left/right arrow. However I find the first command slow to access and since the CTRL+left/right arrow is dependent on what side is source and what side is destination, I often end up matching directories in the wrong direction.

Any help would be appreciated
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Using target=source on network drives

Post by *Dalai »

Well, you could create a button with the cm_MatchSrc command, which is the exact same command being used in the Commands menu. Or create a hotkey with this command in Options > Misc section.

It depends on what you want to achieve exactly.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Using target=source on network drives

Post by *petermad »

2thhdk

You can also assign the network share to a drive letter (Menu: "Net" -> "Network Connections") - then the network directory will show up as a drive button.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar