(solved) Parsec stops responding when launching TC on host computer

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

psolord

(solved) Parsec stops responding when launching TC on host computer

Post by *psolord »

Ok this weirdness happened.

When I use parsec to log onto my system, everything works fine, UNTIL the moment I launch TC. Then all mouse clicks do not pass through, neither any keyboard command. This happens in both v.10.52 and some Ultima Prime thingy which uses TC ver 9.51.

I am not sure what triggered this. Some updates have passed and gone, on all aspects of the system (windows, drivers, parsec itself and tc itself). It's been around two months back, it last worked fine.

Parsec site does not have any means of contacting them (if you know let me know) nor a forum.

What could possibly be causing this? Thankfully free commander works fine, so I make do with that, but this malarkey is unacceptable, lol. :mrgreen:
white
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Parsec stops responding when launching TC on host computer

Post by *white »

psolord wrote: 2023-02-01, 20:08 UTC Parsec site does not have any means of contacting them (if you know let me know) nor a forum.
Parsec is now part of Unity. If you click on Privacy Policy at the bottom of the Parsec website, you will go to the Unity website. There you can select Community/Forums.

To rule out that it has something to do with a change in Total Commander, download and unzip and run an old version of Total Commander. If you want a download link for an old version, name the version you want to try and I will give you the link.

If you are using FTP in Total Commander, perhaps it helps if you disable the keyboard hook (search the help for "hook").
psolord

Post by *psolord »

Thank you sir.

Turns out the problem is not Total Commander or not only Total Commander. I logged today, happy that I had an alternative, all was going well, until I needed to use notepad++. Once I launched that, parsec stopped responding again. What the effin f. I will try contacting them. Thanks.
psolord

Post by *psolord »

Hello again.

Revisiting the issue, as it has been resolved. After some troubleshooting, turns out that TC and some other programs were causing parsec to stop responding, because I have them running as administrator. I noticed that everything I was running from within TC, stopped responding too, since it inherited the elevated rights, so the solution is to run freagin parsec AS ADMINISTRATOR too, fml.

Anyhoo thanks for your attention and help.
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stefan2 »

psolord wrote: 2023-02-16, 09:37 UTC Anyhoo thanks for your attention and help.

Thank you for maintaining this tread and the feedback.