LAN plugin can't access some shares in new android device

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

jcasares

LAN plugin can't access some shares in new android device

Post by *jcasares »

I have a Windows 11 with a Microsoft Account configured that I use for network shares access (of the type username@gmail.com). I share some folders and also use administrative shares without issues in a Galaxy S9, a Galaxy S20 and an old Android TV through KODI.

Recently, I configured a new android device (a Galaxy S23) and had to recreate the LAN plugin configuration. While doing it the same as in the old phone, I'm unable to access admin shares (C$, D$) and even so other shares that have been specifically given permissions to the existing Microsoft account.

I already modified the registry as recommended here (SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy=1) but the issue persists. What is strange is that the old device connects without any issues, but the new one can't.

Any clues to what might have changed and what I can do to resolve it?
jcasares

Re: LAN plugin can't access some shares in new android device

Post by *jcasares »

Replying to myself so anybody else who finds this issue has an insight on how to resolve it because it is really quite weird. I had to switch the account to local, then back to Microsoft to fix the problem. And I had to reenter credentials in all connected apps in Android devices (VLC for example requested credentials again, while they were already stored).

Anyway, as always, bad Microsoft...