TC_PatternColor: addon to apply color to File/Folder extension or name inside TC, on the fly

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Mjolnir

Re: TC_PatternColor: addon to apply color to File/Folder extension or name inside TC, on the fly

Post by *Mjolnir »

New version:

Version 2023.1.13.2 32/64
URL: TC_PatternColor (use the upper right download arrow/button) // md5: 043fe51ac3fe0329afc0f3d3778c6440 *TC_PatternColor.exe

Features
+ Add a "/R %S" parameter option to raise the "Color picker" popup & directly ask user for color to apply to selected file/folder (ie: no more need to specify any "Color name" on command line :wink: ) => execute one time the "TC_PatternColor.exe" file to get a button example (in your clipboard) to paste in your TC bar
+ Improve "/L" and add "/C" parameters => execute one time the "TC_PatternColor.exe" file to get help
+ Handle the "*." problems, linked to a "PatternColor<Xyz>_SearchFor=" field that may remains empty
++ Added also TCKeyValueEmptyAddPrefix="<" & TCKeyValueEmptyAddSuffix=">" as parameters to add in the "last" pattern (whenever having remove "all ones" => as "<" and ">" are not allowed chars. for names/folders, this type of search will never be reached & prevents to have a "PatternColor<Xyz>_SearchFor=" empty)

Note:
+ Backup of .ini files has been disabled by default, to reactivate it: set TCIniFileBkpBeforeModif=1 and TCIniFileBkpBeforeModifWarnOnBkpError=1
+ To prevent from TC restart: Set TCExitAndRestart=0 (& possibly TCExitBeforeModif=0 & TCExitAlsoAnyOtherRunningTC=0 & TCRestartAfterModif=0)
+ To avoid ESC message popup: Set TCColorGUI_MsgOnESC=0
Longue vie a TC... déjà + de 20 ans de bons et loyaux services chez moi !
LonerD

Re: TC_PatternColor: addon to apply color to File/Folder extension or name inside TC, on the fly

Post by *LonerD »

TC in directory D:\TCDL
My wincmd.ini redirection.

Code: Select all

[Colors]
RedirectSection=%commander_path%\DLConf\Dream_Colors.ini
[ColorsDark]
RedirectSection=%commander_path%\DLConf\Dream_Colors.ini
Error - TC_PatternColor tries to doubled TC path (or can't understand %commander_path% environment variable?)
Image: https://i.imgur.com/hWwqinB.png
"I used to feel guilty in Cambridge that I spent all day playing games, while I was supposed to be doing mathematics. Then, when I discovered surreal numbers, I realized that playing games IS math." John Horton Conway