I cannot reach the content of Android/data folder under Android 13, workaround?

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

luthor112

Re: I cannot reach the content of Android/data folder under Android 13, workaround?

Post by *luthor112 »

Have you considered integrating Shizuku support?

I'm not sure how much more power adb has though.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I cannot reach the content of Android/data folder under Android 13, workaround?

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I have considered it, but it's rather cumbersome to setup and has to be repeated after each reboot.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
S.V.D.

Post by *S.V.D. »

Sorry for delayed reply.
I've created symlink to /storage/emulated/0/Android/ in /data/local and now can freely manipulate contents of obb folder.
As bonus - file owner is set correctly automatically. I am using 3.42beta5d from F-droid repo.
But I've also found another problem. If I'll try to copy any file from /data_mirror/data_ce/null/0/some.app.folder - TC will be totally frozen. After about 30 seconds TC will ask me to partition as r/w and after that it will be frozen for seceral minutes. After that it will show looooong error log with lots of mount failures, but some files will ve sucessfully copied(and some not).
And the last thing. If we have inherited namespace in magisk enabled - we well see only two folders in /data/data (com.ghisler.android.TotalCommander and com.google.android.gms)
If we enable global namespace - we will see all files.
Same thing will happen if we will try to use button with command like "su ls -la %P > /data/testout.txt"
But root session in terminal (in Termux FE) will see all folders both times. Maybe this is root of problems?
P.S. root session interminal emulator can copy any files from /data/data WO any problems