Can the default find "Alt F7" be Re-Assigned

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Christo

Can the default find "Alt F7" be Re-Assigned

Post by *Christo »

I would like to know if I can change the default behavior of "Ctrl+F" and "alt+F7" to rather launch the separate process file find and not the default file find.

I have both also defined as buttons on my toolbar for easy access but before i know i have already used the hotkeys started a long search and then remember I cant continue working now and have to kill the search use my button and re-start the search.

I been using TC since dos days and those hotkeys are so ingrained in my behavior that I can not, not use them :-). I would prefer that the default would always open the separate process file find and I would then use my own toolbar button to launch the default manually when needed.

Maybe this can already be done by changing something small in an ini. I have tried re-defining existing hotkey's long ago but it did not work then.
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Can the default find "Alt F7" be Re-Assigned

Post by *Gral »

You can assign any valid keyboard shortcut to any valid TC command.
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stefan2 »

Christo wrote: 2023-05-22, 12:25 UTC I would like to know if I can change the default behavior of "Ctrl+F" and "alt+F7" to rather launch the separate process file find and not the default file find.

How-to to use 'Ctrl+F' -keys to launch the Find Files-dialog:

Edit your wincmd.ini and add this under [Shortcuts]

WINCMD.INI
[Configuration]
[Shortcuts]
;Enable 'F2'-key to start inline-rename mode, additional to origin 'Shift+F6'
F2=cm_RenameOnly

;Enable 'Ctrl+F' to start find-files, additional to origin 'Alt+F7'
C+F=cm_SearchFor
;Use 'Ctrl+O' to launch DOS-Box in current path
C+o=cm_ExecuteDOS
;Ctrl+0 (zero) to execute user defined command to launch PoSh in current path
C+0=em_LaunchPowerShell

See "TOTALCMD.INC" text file for more, like cm_SearchStandalone=545;Search in separate process

See "Add keyboard shortcut Hotkey to em_ or cm_ commands" >>> viewtopic.php?t=71927    for more about this topic.

See "How to create an button? // Wie einen Button erstellen?" >>> viewtopic.php?p=390697#p390697

Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Christo,
Configuration - Options - Misc - Redefine hotkeys, and assign any hotkey you was to the internal command cm_searchStandalone.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.