English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Strange behavior of button "Options >>"

Post by *AntonyD »

As on F5 form so and on F6 form we have/can use the button "Options >>"
BUT I can use it only in illogical way: We can only ONCE click on it - after that it will became hidden!!!
I do no expect such action. I want to see the new/'opposite' button: "<< Options" - which will allow for me
to restore the prev.state of this form - collapsed state.
Can this behavior be achieved?
#146217 personal license
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Strange behavior of button "Options >>"

Post by *Fla$her »

Yes, it is enough to press the lock button with a blue thumbtack opposite "Overwrite options".
Overquoting is evil! 👎
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

AntonyD wrote: 2023-05-24, 09:58 UTC As on F5 form so and on F6 form we have/can use the button "Options >>"
BUT I can use it only in illogical way: We can only ONCE click on it - after that it will became hidden!!!
I do no expect such action. I want to see the new/'opposite' button: "<< Options" - which will allow for me
to restore the prev.state of this form - collapsed state. Can this behavior be achieved?
Yes, by closing and reopening the dialog aka Escape & F5/6
Hoecker sie sind raus!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The button gets hidden so users can't choose an option in the lower part, collapse the dialog to its smaller form, and then wonder why the option they chose isn't used.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-05-24, 15:41 UTC The button gets hidden so users can't choose an option in the lower part, collapse the dialog to its smaller form, and then wonder why the option they chose isn't used.
Translator did its job I hope well - but I could not understand at all this explanation.
And what does small form have to do with folding/unfolding? When I do not click on this button - I can just as well wonder - why does nothing work the way I chose in the lower, hidden part of the dialog?
So that there is no question in this form and should have a double state. If I need to get in there and select some position in the options - I should be able to do it. But if this extra part from below is an eyesore for me, I should be able to turn it back into a button. And because a button is a light and permanent 'click'-like action - it doesn't matter how many times I press it - it will simply perform its functions - either hide or display this lower additional panel with options.
#146217 personal license