plugin irfanview 2.54: how does this plugin actually work???

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

beb

Re: plugin irfanview 2.54: how does this plugin actually work???

Post by *beb »

AkulaBig wrote: 2023-05-24, 17:59 UTC ...I ask you to replace the i_view32.ini or i_view 64.ini file with files from the plugin. For my plugin, it is necessary that there is an option in i_view32.ini or i_view64.ini
[Extensions]
CustomExtensions=ACR|ANI|ARW|AWD|B3D|BMP|CAM|CDR|CIN|CLP|CR2|CR3|CRW|CUR|DCM|DCR|DDS|DCX|DIB|DJVU|DNG|DPX|ECW|EMF|ERF|EXR|FIT|FITS|FPX|G3|GIF|HDP|HEIC|ICO|ICS|IFF|IMA|IMG|IW44|J2K|JFIF|JPC|JP2|JPE|JPEG|JPF|JPG|JPM|JLS|JNG|JXL|JXR|KDC|LBM|MNG|MOS|MPO|MRC|MRW|MSK|NEF|NRW|ORF|QOI|PBM|PCD|PCX|PDN|PEF|PGM|PNG|PPM|PSD|PSB|PSP|RAF|RAS|RAW|RGB|RLE|RW2|RWL|SFF|SFW|SGI|SID|SRF|SRW|SUN|SVG|TIF|TIFF|TGA|WAD|WAL|WB1|WBC|WBZ|WBMP|WDP|WEBP|WMF|WPG|WSQ|X3F|XBM|XCF|XPM|XR|
Otherwise, if an unfamiliar extension is detected, IrfanView will display an error window...
You also could have explicitly informed users in your readmes and given users an option regarding the said reasoning:
{1} replace the i_view32.ini or i_view 64.ini file with files from the plugin [as it is so far].
{2} update users' i_view32.ini/i_view 64.ini [Extensions] section taking its content from the plugin's i_view32.ini/i_view 64.ini and allowing to keep the rest of user-specific settings intact.

OK, at least now it's clear why the requirement exists.
Thanks.
#278521 User License
Total Commander [always the latest version, including betas] x86/x64 on Win10 x64/Android 10
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

In addition and for information only, I would like to mention the following:

i_view64.ini, i_view32.ini

Code: Select all

[Extensions]
CustomExtensions=ACR|ANI|ARW|...
This corresponds to:
IrfanView: Options > Properties/Settings... > Extensions > Load custom file types: ACR|ANI|ARW|...
(This option is therefore also suitable for portable use).

Max. 780 characters can be saved in the field "Load custom file types"!
If more than 780 characters are entered, the entry is shortened to 780 characters - without a hint/question!
This is only apparent when you call up the options again after entering the data and check how many characters have been saved.

The AkulaBig "CustomExtensions=" list currently has 443 characters.

ACR|ANI|ARW|AWD|B3D|BMP|CAM|CDR|CIN|CLP|CR2|CR3|CRW|CUR|DCM|DCR|DDS|DCX|DIB|DJVU|DNG|DPX|ECW|EMF|ERF|EXR|FIT|FITS|FPX|G3|GIF|HDP|HEIC|ICO|ICS|IFF|IMA|IMG|IW44|J2K|JFIF|JPC|JP2|JPE|JPEG|JPF|JPG|JPM|JLS|JNG|JXL|JXR|KDC|LBM|MNG|MOS|MPO|MRC|MRW|MSK|NEF|NRW|ORF|QOI|PBM|PCD|PCX|PDN|PEF|PGM|PNG|PPM|PSD|PSB|PSP|RAF|RAS|RAW|RGB|RLE|RW2|RWL|SFF|SFW|SGI|SID|SRF|SRW|SUN|SVG|TIF|TIFF|TGA|WAD|WAL|WB1|WBC|WBZ|WBMP|WDP|WEBP|WMF|WPG|WSQ|X3F|XBM|XCF|XPM|XR|
Last edited by tuska on 2023-05-25, 10:15 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

beb wrote: 2023-05-25, 06:24 UTC You also could have explicitly informed users in your readmes and given users an option regarding the said reasoning:
{1} replace the i_view32.ini or i_view 64.ini file with files from the plugin [as it is so far].
{2} update users' i_view32.ini/i_view 64.ini [Extensions] section taking its content from the plugin's i_view32.ini/i_view 64.ini and allowing to keep the rest of user-specific settings intact.

This is not an easy question. Offering an ordinary user to edit the program's configuration files is not a good idea. Most users don't need it. And it's easier for the rest to explain on the forum.
Last edited by AkulaBig on 2023-05-25, 10:23 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

tuska wrote: 2023-05-25, 10:13 UTC In addition and for information only, I would like to mention the following:

i_view64.ini, i_view32.ini

[Extensions]
CustomExtensions=ACR|ANI|ARW|...
This corresponds to:
IrfanView: Options > Properties/Settings... > Extensions > Load custom file types: ACR|ANI|ARW|...
(This option is therefore also suitable for portable use).
Yes, you are absolutely right. And the viewing mode is also
configured from IV. But since the conversation was about the ini files, I wrote what settings are important in them.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

2AkulaBig
OK, no problem.
I just wanted to shed some light on the background.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

I have described the topic regarding installations here in detail (in German language):
Google Translate (German > English)

- WITH required administrative rights
- WITHOUT required administrative rights

Additionally there is more information.