[TC 11] Allow chaining parameter commands with cm_ and em_ commands

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

supra107

[TC 11] Allow chaining parameter commands with cm_ and em_ commands

Post by *supra107 »

I wanted to create a simple chained command that would navigate to a specific folder, select predefined filetypes and move them to a specified folder, and I managed to do it but it looks like this:

Code: Select all

em_cd C:\Downloads,em_selectfiles >Media,cm_RenMov /T="D:\Images"
em_cd has nothing but "cd" as it's command, same with em_selectfiles. For some reason when I try to pass the parameter by using the "CD" or "SELECTFILES" commands, it fails to lauch all the chained commands. But if I wrap them around in em_ user defined commands then it works.
Optimally it would look like this:

Code: Select all

CD "C:\Downloads\",selectfiles >Media,cm_RenMov /T="D:\Images"
Since that would save me making redundant user defined commands for already existing internal commands. However for some reason it stops after the CD command and seemingly ignores what comes after it, it doesn't attempt to select files or move the selected files to the target directory. It seems to ignore the chaining after running the first parameter command.

Perhaps it could be solved by adding an optional "pm_" prefix for parameter commands that would allow for chaining the parameter commands? For example, when trying to chain the "SELECTFILES" command, the user would add the prefix, turning it into "pm_selectfiles", and the program would know that it's supposed to chain this task with the others, while at the same time keeping compatibility with the old format.