Internal DC commands, which are very lacking in TC

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

igarny

Re: Internal DC commands, which are very lacking in TC

Post by *igarny »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-05-04, 07:38 UTC
I haven't checked multiple parameters for cm_Copy and cm_RenMove yet, but they will definitely be very useful! 👍
I will be waiting for options for cm_CopyToArchive and cm_MoveToArchive.
I was waiting with the implementation until I got some feedback about the cm_copy and cm_RenMov parameters. If they are OK, I will add something similar for cm_CopyToArchive and cm_MoveToArchive.
Please also position the menu under the corresponding drive button (when the drive bar is displayed) when calling cm_DriveContextMenu.
It's currently shown where the drive combobox is: This is available via Alt+F1/Alt+F2 even if hidden. The drive buttonbar isn't always available.
guys please..
where would it be possible for me to read about the params and hopefully examples of the commands usage
specifically I am looking for the option to tell TC to pack to the current panel folder and not to the one on the remote panel
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The commands with parameters are listed in the help you get when you press F1 in the dialog box to choose the command.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

2igarny
See the English help TOTALCMD.CHM. In the field of the second tab, insert: Dialog box: Choose command

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-05-04, 07:38 UTCIf they are OK, I will add something similar for cm_CopyToArchive and cm_MoveToArchive.
Good.
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-05-04, 07:38 UTC
Please also position the menu under the corresponding drive button (when the drive bar is displayed) when calling cm_DriveContextMenu.
It's currently shown where the drive combobox is: This is available via Alt+F1/Alt+F2 even if hidden. The drive buttonbar isn't always available.
Note that I have indicated the condition in parentheses. You first check the presence of the drive bar, and if there is one, then position the menu near the corresponding button.

P. S.: I would like to receive comments on the remaining points.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
konfekt

Post by *konfekt »

Fla$her wrote: 2023-05-03, 11:41 UTC 2konfekt
Here we are not talking about copying, but about creating links (cm_SymLink). Do not confuse.

You are right. Still, maybe the ability of DC to copy symlinks to files, whereas TC silently replaces them, could also sport in this list?
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

2konfekt
The topic concerns internal commands, not some optional features.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-05-04, 07:38 UTCIf they are OK, I will add something similar for cm_CopyToArchive and cm_MoveToArchive.
HISTORY.TXT wrote:23.05.23 Added: cm_PackFiles now supports various parameters to set the checkboxes in the dialog or to start the operation directly (32/64)
Thanks! :) I will test it tomorrow.
Overquoting is evil! 👎
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

cm_PackFiles seemed to be more useful than cm_CopyToArchive and cm_MoveToArchive, it can also add files to an archive.

I'm also planning to do cm_UnpackFiles later.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-05-01, 14:34 UTC Are there any other TC functions which are already present but which don't have a cm_command, which you would like to see?
Now is the best moment to request them!
Copy comments with files ->> 0/1 ... OFF/ON | cm_TCcomments 0, 1

I would like to suggest the following:
cm_TCcomments 0/1

Configuration > Options... > Operation > File comments: Copy comments with files ->> 0/1 ... ON/OFF OFF/ON
(cm_CommandBrowser > Category: Configuration)

Q: What is the purpose of this?
A: I would like to achieve that BEFORE a synchronisation the TC comments are switched OFF and
   AFTER a synchronisation, the TC comments are switched ON again.

Example

Code: Select all

cm_SrcComments,cm_wait 2000,em_Synchronise_current_Directories,cm_wait 2000,cm_SrcComments  <<-- I think this works!
cm_TCcomments0,cm_wait 2000,em_Synchronise_current_Directories,cm_wait 2000,cm_TCcomments1  <<-- Suggestion!
usercmd.ini - (em_Synchronise_current_Directories)

Code: Select all

[em_Synchronise_current_Directories]
button=TOTALCMD.EXE,32
cmd=%COMMANDER_EXE%
param=/S=S:= "%X%Z%P" "%T"
menu=Synchronise_current_Directories in separate task|Comparison starts immediately!
Advantages
  1. ✅ Copy comments with files --> could always remain checked!
  2. This option must NOT have to be switched off BEFORE a synchronisation, so that the descript.ion files are taken into account during a synchronisation.
  3. If a synchronisation is carried out only once with the option "Copy comments with files" TICKED,
    then the next synchronisation run will show the option boxes for descript.ion files EMPTY.
    I.e. the synchronisation direction must be checked and selected in each individual case.
    If the suggestion is implemented successfully, this additional effort (which may occur from time to time) can be avoided.
As far as this topic (descript.ion) is concerned, this is certainly my very last attempt to achieve further development.
Last edited by tuska on 2023-05-25, 23:18 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
hi5
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *hi5 »

@tuska in that light, why not be able to do it in the copy/move dialog as well (expanded options)

Manual option to copy file comment descript.ion F5/F6, Shift+F5
https://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=72059
F4MiniMenu (Forum) - Open selected file(s) from TC in defined editor(s) - A (minimalistic) clone of F4Menu
Source at GitHub (AutoHotkey). TCSyncComments (copy file comments)
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

hi5 wrote: 2023-05-25, 20:00 UTC @tuska in that light, why not be able to do it in the copy/move dialog as well (expanded options)

https://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=72059
I did not support it at that time, as I am used to switching this option on and off continuously, i.e. several times a day,
as for me this is mainly necessary for the synchronisation of TC comments.

In principle, however, I support your proposal now, belatedly but nevertheless, as it seems to me to be a further step
in the right direction.
Fla$her
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Fla$her »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-05-24, 22:19 UTC I'm also planning to do cm_UnpackFiles later.
That's the good news. Please return to the expected commands:
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-05-01, 14:34 UTC ==========================================================================
The following can be achieved in different ways:
cm_LeftEqualRight -> cm_FocusRight,cm_MatchSrc
cm_RightEqualLeft -> cm_FocusLeft,cm_MatchSrc
– isn't equivalent, because it unpredictably changes the focus/activity of the panel
==========================================================================
I will probably add some of these, but they need new functions:
cm_CopyPathNoSepOfFilesToClip
cm_CopyAllTabsToOpposite
==========================================================================
Overquoting is evil! 👎
Seyran_72

Post by *Seyran_72 »

hi5 wrote: 2023-05-25, 20:00 UTC @tuska in that light, why not be able to do it in the copy/move dialog as well (expanded options)

viewtopic.php?t=72059
++
Seyran_72

Post by *Seyran_72 »

(If I understand the subject of this thread correctly)
The command "Create a shortcut to a file in the source panel" is missing (that is, make a link to the file next to it, in the same directory as the file itself.) You have to do this using the Windows context menu and click "Create shortcut".
It's funny that Shift + F5 calls the "Create a copy of a file in the same directory" command, but the file cannot be created ("You cannot copy a file to itself") :) The copy file command does not automatically rename the created copy of the file.
So why not make a command (and then bind a keyboard shortcut to it) to create a shortcut to the file right there, in the source folder?
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

Seyran_72 wrote: 2023-06-19, 17:47 UTC (If I understand the subject of this thread correctly)
The command "Create a shortcut to a file in the source panel" is missing (that is, make a link to the file next to it, in the same directory as the file itself.) You have to do this using the Windows context menu and click "Create shortcut".
It's funny that Shift + F5 calls the "Create a copy of a file in the same directory" command, but the file cannot be created ("You cannot copy a file to itself") :) The copy file command does not automatically rename the created copy of the file.
So why not make a command (and then bind a keyboard shortcut to it) to create a shortcut to the file right there, in the source folder?
CTRL+SHIFT+F5 is not good enough for your needs?
Hoecker sie sind raus!
Seyran_72

Post by *Seyran_72 »

CTRL+SHIFT+F5 is not good enough for your needs?
CTRL+SHIFT+F5 Does NOT create a shortcut next to itself. To do this, you will have to include the same directory on the parallel panel as the original one. This is not always convenient to do - you have to switch tabs - as a fact, extra movements. The Windows context menu command to create a shortcut works with the same success.