Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [TC 11.00b2] Copy dialog losts info-strings From: and To:

Post by *AntonyD »

but this seems to be fixed in TC 11.00b3
Sorry - but not confirmed. I could reproduce it.
Not so stable :) as it was before that - but more-or-less still easily...
Now I MUST put on a pause as main dlg so and small-background one.
#146217 personal license
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

No, I didn't change anything because I cannot reproduce it, sorry.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-05-18, 07:56 UTC No, I didn't change anything because I cannot reproduce it, sorry.
Maybe some special version of TC which will write on some special log some special info about this process and involved in that BIGDATA?
P.S.
in the topic where this plugin is discussed - I reported this case. I hope something will be clear soon...
#146217 personal license
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

The bug is still easy to reproduce. But this "very strange rendering" was added to the bug explained above:
https://ibb.co/x5d3B3X
And then things get even more amazing...
I wanted to check with the help of the WinSpy ++ utility - is there any text in the objects on this GUI form, in which, in theory, the names of the source object and the target object should have been placed. BUT! the utility did not see these elements!
Even the text which we now see on my pic: "Копирование 7934...." - it could not be "picked up" by the utility. It's like it's just a overlay picture - not more. And this is the hierarchy of objects in this window that was just found:
https://ibb.co/4NBqBL5
As you can see, these are only three buttons, one progress bar and some two simple Windows. By coordinates, these are invisible areas 1 and 2 under the visible rectangular objects, marked by me with these numbers on pic above.
So the problem with the disappearance of strings seems to me to be of much greater importance and development than it might have seemed before.
Whole GUI-Elements disappear from the form.

P.S.
But this also is not the last strange thing which I've observed:
https://ibb.co/mBnzqHp
Here I tried to cancel the copy process and got this dialog. And got a few questions:
1) Why there are 2 areas with collapsed text, marked by ellipses inside the string and with red lines by me?
Yes, I understand that we must somehow to fit veeeeerrrry-loooong string into current size. BUT! For this it should be enough to cut only MIDDLE part of the whole string! Not somewhere in it beginning, not somewhere in the end. ONLY in the middle!
2) Why tooltip was places so dooooown below? And not near the mouse cursor?
3) And it seems that the procedure for calculating the length of the shortened text does not take into account the length of the entire form after putting the translation strings for the buttons. We see in the picture that there is still sooooo much space on the form where we could continue to display the file name, right? And in this form we even could use multiline-label on single-line as it is now! In this case (probably even in most cases) we would not even need hints and shortening of the text - we could see everything at once!
Last edited by AntonyD on 2023-06-01, 10:24 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
#146217 personal license
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm sorry but I cannot reproduce it.
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-06-01, 10:17 UTC I'm sorry but I cannot reproduce it.
Ok, let's make some private build of TC with significantly expanded functionality for debugging those functions that are involved in this dialog - and I will "drive" TC and collect important information for you in this log. And then you analyze it.
Because the loss of just a line of text could still be attributed to my personal computer glitches, but when some possibly hidden (previously needed, but now not) elements "float" on the form, when the progress bar climbs on the buttons - it is definitely necessary somehow to fix.
#146217 personal license
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

2ghisler(Author)
And it looks like you missed the P.S. block of info in my post above.
#146217 personal license
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

About your P.S., I'm indeed limiting the length to a fixed number of characters, not to the dialog width.
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-06-01, 10:30 UTC About your P.S., I'm indeed limiting the length to a fixed number of characters, not to the dialog width.
Perhaps I can attribute this answer to my 3rd paragraph from the P.S block. - but the previous two still remained without comment, it seems.

And what about the special build? After all, even if some state of my laptop affects the problem, it can still happen to someone else, but he simply will not have the opportunity to go to the forum and describe his problems. We will try our best to prevent this from happening. Those even if it suddenly turns out that the driver of the video card is to blame (because the steps from my log are performed exactly the same as on your test bench) - we will already know about this, and not just guess)))
#146217 personal license
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

AntonyD,
What is that button to the left of Minimize?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

What is that button to the left of Minimize?
Eagle eyes)))
MultiMonitor rearrangement. But stay cool ;) You have not yet exposed me as a charlatan :lol: :mrgreen:
I've tested and COMPLETELY without this utility - bug is the same. So my pics. are valid as with so and w/o that tool.
So we can do not take it into account completely. :!:
#146217 personal license
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-06-01, 10:17 UTC I'm sorry but I cannot reproduce it.
How you tried the way I managed to reproduce it ( https://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=430988#p430988 )?
petermad wrote:Then I went to Windows 10 with a fresh ini file, maximized TC window and switching window via the taskbar (mouse) - now I managed to reproduce the problem, but it was when I at the second switch from foreground to background copying did NOT press Pause before pressing Background, and with no pressing Pause in the background copy dialog.

If I start TC with a fresh ini and disable "Standard copy method" and use big file copy method - I can no longer reproduce the problem.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

How you tried the way I managed to reproduce it
Yes I have. Maybe I missed a point?
1. Windows 10
2. Launched TC with fresh ini. You didn't write whether it's in 32-bit or 64-bit, so I tried both
3. Maximized TC
4. Started copying a single 1.5GB file from network share
5. Clicked on "Pause"
6. Clicked on "Background"
7. Clicked on taskbar icon of the copy dialog
8. Clicked on "Foreground"
9. Repeated this about 20 times.
-> no problems at all.
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

Maybe I missed a point?
all points are correct. Only between 6 and 7 you can make a pause for 3..5 seconds.
And between 7 and 8 you can insert 7.5 point: Clicked on "Pause"
And yes - I still easily can reproduce it. Also I do not understand - why in some special way prepared TC' build cannot be sent to me in order to obtain some good debug/log info concerned this problem?

And you missed in answers this FULL body description of some bad behavior:
P.S.
But this also is not the last strange thing which I've observed:
https://ibb.co/mBnzqHp
Here I tried to cancel the copy process and got this dialog. And got a few questions:
1) Why there are 2 areas with collapsed text, marked by ellipses inside the string and with red lines by me?
Yes, I understand that we must somehow to fit veeeeerrrry-loooong string into current size. BUT! For this it should be enough to cut only MIDDLE part of the whole string! Not somewhere in it beginning, not somewhere in the end. ONLY in the middle!
2) Why tooltip was places so dooooown below? And not near the mouse cursor?
3) And it seems that the procedure for calculating the length of the shortened text does not take into account the length of the entire form after putting the translation strings for the buttons. We see in the picture that there is still sooooo much space on the form where we could continue to display the file name, right? And in this form we even could use multiline-label on single-line as it is now! In this case (probably even in most cases) we would not even need hints and shortening of the text - we could see everything at once!
As to concerning the 3rd point - you answered on its first part (which now is strikethrough) - but my suggestion from the 2nd part was not accepted?
Last edited by AntonyD on 2023-06-05, 12:21 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
#146217 personal license
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-06-05, 10:07 UTC 1. Windows 10
2. Launched TC with fresh ini. You didn't write whether it's in 32-bit or 64-bit, so I tried both
3. Maximized TC
4. Started copying a single 1.5GB file from network share
5. Clicked on "Pause"
6. Clicked on "Background"
7. Clicked on taskbar icon of the copy dialog
8. Clicked on "Foreground"
9. Repeated this about 20 times.
-> no problems at all.
I only clicked Pause the FIRST time I went to background, after this I only clicked Background / Foreground. I think I only tested in 64bit.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar