Menu entry to create a new tab

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wetware05

Menu entry to create a new tab

Post by *wetware05 »

Hi.

Sometimes, at a friend's house, I wanted to create a tab for his Total Commander and I didn't know how to do it. You have to remember that it is created with crtl+t, but as on the computer itself, since it has tab's, the keyboard shortcut is not used, it is forgotten.

You should be able to create a tab from one of the menus.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Create tab from menu

Post by *Dalai »

Uh, menu Show > New Folder Tab. This menu item also shows the corresponding hotkey Ctrl+T.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Create tab from menu

Post by *petermad »

2wetware05
In the case where you can not use Cttr-+T to open a tab, you can also do the following:

Enable "Configuration" -> "Options" -> "Folder tabs" -> "Show tab header aslo when there is only one tab".

Now you can right-click on the shown tab and choose "Duplicate this tab" to open a new tab
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Menu entry to create a new tab

Post by *AntonyD »

Ctrl+UP on any folder. This shortcut cannot be forgotten)) or be inoperative...
And yes - I don't understand how CTRL+T can be broken? Has it been redefined? Specifically binded to an empty cmd?
Last edited by AntonyD on 2023-06-06, 08:14 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
#146217 personal license
wetware05

Post by *wetware05 »

Thank you Dalai

I looked for the option and couldn't find it, perhaps because it doesn't seem like the most appropriate place (under the view modes). I would have put it in the command menu, next to create shortcut, perhaps.

Once a tab is created, everything is easy, with its context menu. Perhaps the default tabs should be created during the installation. Petermad's suggestion also has to be taken into account, I didn't know it had its own options in the configuration either. The keyboard shortcut suggested by AntonyD is very convenient. I did not know it, but from what I have seen you have to activate it in the configuration.
Stefan2
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stefan2 »

How about this, 2wetware05

press the F1 key > Help > [Search] for tab >> Configuration - Folder-Tabs >> read

Also there is menu "Help >> Keyboard" where you can find such keyboard shortcuts

AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

you have to activate it in the configuration.
No, because this is the default action/shortcut. Exactly the same as CTRL+T.
Therefore if you suddenly write that this command does NOT work for you, then it is very incomprehensible why mine worked then.
Maybe it's because that user took a very thorough approach to the issue of keyboard shortcuts - and reassigned most of them to suit his needs?
so in any way - the internal command `cm_OpenDirInNewTab` - is the key for shortcut assignment.
#146217 personal license