Sync dirs: Sticky current dir

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Sync dirs: Sticky current dir

Post by *JOUBE »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-07-09, 06:58 UTC When you right click on a path in synchronize dirs, all files in that path will be selected, and the list scrolls up if the list reaches below the currently visible area.
Aha, that means that it's actually - as Lefteous points out - already half-implemented: you can actually expand functionallity further as you wish directly after the release of Tc11.
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-07-09, 06:58 UTC I agree, especially this late in the beta test.
But because this is an important piece of information, hence the suggestion that it be placed on the screen in Tc11 simply as text - without any frills.
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-07-09, 06:58 UTC Shouldn't that be shown in the footer?
I don't care if it's displayed in addition(!) to the current footer. However, it is the case that you need the information more at top of the sceen. And it is nearer to Lefteous suggestion. Also, the area between the buttons is currently a huge unused area.

Joube

Although this is not the topic here, I would like to ask again for the number of "directories read" to be displayed simply as a number without any text anywhere on the screen after read is finished. That would make my work much more comfortable in the overall daily routine. Sync-Tool: Keep the number of read directories on screen

J.
oko

Post by *oko »

Support. When I scroll in sync window and there are many files in any dir included in sync list the row with dir path used to go out of view and I see only files but not its path. So there could be the place where path of files shown in actual screen. Or after click on file in sync list, its path could be shown and also option to copy the path immediately (also suggestion viewtopic.php?t=79127).
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2ghisler(Author)
agree, especially this late in the beta test.
No hurry.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

history.txt wrote:12.07.23 Added: Synchronize dirs: Show directory of item under cursor (or topmost displayed item if not in view) above the list in the free space near the close button. Left click to jump to previous dir, right click to next (32/64)
I guess that this somehow fixes it for now.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

First I was showing the directory of the first item in the list, but it felt really strange that it didn't change when scrolling through the list and passing other folders. That's why I'm using this mixed approach now - show the directory of the item under the cursor if the cursor is visible, otherwise the directory of the first item (e.g. when scrolling by mouse).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

On the top it is okay for the moment TC11 in RC1. Later, after the release, Lefteou's proposal should be discussed in detail.
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

2ghisler(Author)
And it would also be very desirable to show a tooltip when hovering the mouse over this new GUI element.
With text at least describing the possibility of processing the left / right mouse click on this element.
#146217 personal license
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

And it would also be very desirable to show a tooltip when hovering the mouse over this new GUI element.
With text at least describing the possibility of processing the left / right mouse click on this element.
That will need translation - so it will not reach TC 11.00 - but apart from that I agree.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

JOUBE wrote: 2023-07-12, 20:29 UTC On the top it is okay for the moment TC11 in RC1. Later, after the release, Lefteou's proposal should be discussed in detail.
I agree with that. It' a nice quick fix - thank you!
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

Lefteous wrote: 2023-07-17, 09:52 UTCIt' a nice quick fix
A thought: Couldn't such changes (and other major things *) ) be edited and completed individually in Prereleases, where only this thing may/can be commented on, tested, etc.? These will not be released immediately, but will than be added to the next beta when they are ready. So that big changes, small improvements and bugs don't get mixed up so massively in the beta versions.

Joube

*) like in Tc11 e.g the Directory Hotlist