[Fixed in Tc11] Red residue remains in the right corner of the status line of the Sync-Tool

Bug reports will be moved here when the described bug has been fixed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

[Fixed in Tc11] Red residue remains in the right corner of the status line of the Sync-Tool

Post by *JOUBE »

I didn't really want to say it: but a red residue remains in the right corner of the status line after repeated runs within the sync tool without leaving it. This is the top part of the small icon that appears when you have set a filter (for example: exclude "equals"). As a frequent user of the sync tool, I noticed this within the TC11 betas (betaX ?) over weeks/month? .

It's because of some actions from ghisler(author) in the Tc11 betas within the sync tool, I guess, that the leftmost texts has slipped down a pixel or two (which doesn't look too good either). Maybe the left caption (text) also cleared the right side of statusline at rerun, or the filter icon slipped 1 pixel up and is not totaly cleared by the caption (text) in the right corner of the statusline, or whatever...

If you make several runs with very different numbers of filtered files (NN/NNN/NNNNN/NNNNNN/...) (without exiting the sync tool because you call up new selections via F2), you then have some red lines/chunks next to each other in the status line of the sync tools on the far right. This looks a little funny (and that's why I haven't reported it yet... But before it's reported after release...

Joube
Last edited by JOUBE on 2023-08-03, 08:23 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Red residue remains in the bottom right corner of the status line of the Sync-Tool

Post by *petermad »

I cannot reproduce this.

Which OS? Which OS theme? Is TC in Normal or Dark mode? Which font, font size and DPI in TC's font settings? Bitness of TC?

Can you reproduce it with a clean ini file?

I have tested with TC 11.00rc3 32bit and 64bit under Windows 7 and 10, with standard font settings and non-claccic themes.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Red residue remains in the right corner of the status line of the Sync-Tool

Post by *JOUBE »

Ah, okay, this maybe the reason: windows text scale 150% here.

Because with a fresh ini the funny behavior is the same (bug).

For testing it is important that you have set filter "equal" *) and same files on both sides, which are than shown as filtered in the status line at the right corner (for example: filter-icon 39425). Which means that 39425 are filtered.

W10, Tc11rc3, 32bit, no darkmode.

*) ' Set filter "equal" ' means: Equals are not shown... The button "equal" is not pressed... The equal button is off....
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2JOUBE

On Windows 10, with 32bit TC 11.00rc3 and the Windows scaling set to 125% (that's the maximum I can set on my laptop) I can confirm that the top of the filter icon is showed rigth after clicking the compare button a second or more time. See: https://tcmd.madsenworld.dk/synciconremnant.png

I do not see the same in the 64bit version of TC.

JOUBE wrote:you then have some red lines/chunks next to each other in the status line of the sync tools on the far right
I only see the same little red line every time I make a new compare - I don't see lines next to each other.
License #524 (1994)
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

petermad wrote: 2023-07-26, 23:01 UTC
JOUBE wrote:you then have some next to eared lines/chunksch other in the status line of the sync tools on the far right
I only see the same little red line every time I make a new compare - I don't see lines next to each other.
It is not so important to test this, because it is the same issue. But it is simple to reproduce it (All runs within the same open sync-tool): First run with files filtered: 5-digits, second run - with another group of folders - with files filtered: 3-digits, third run - with another group of folders - with files filtered: 1-digit. Than you will have three lines/chunksch in the status line on the right corner. (Or - alternatively - play a little bit with the four show buttons if you have a suitable sync run) But because it is the same issue, it is - as I said - not so important to test this separatly.

And it is simple to fix it: move the filter icon one (or two?) pixel down.

Joube
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2JOUBE
I managed to see several red dots/lines, if the number of digits after the filter icon varies between each compare.
License #524 (1994)
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

petermad wrote: 2023-07-27, 08:09 UTC 2JOUBE
I managed to see several red dots/lines, if the number of digits after the filter icon varies between each compare.
Your tireless testing in so many different fields of TC is truly very meritorious.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Confirmed, it's because the filter icon was becoming higher than the text field to the left which should overdraw it.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

histoty.txt wrote: 27.07.23 Fixed: Synchronize dirs: At higher DPI values than 96 (100%), the filter icon may not get completely hidden when showing all files (nothing filtered out) (32)
Confirmed fixed in private TC 11.00rc3a :-)
License #524 (1994)
AntonyD
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *AntonyD »

If it's really fixed - so move the topic to Fixed?
#146217 personal license
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

Confirmed fixed in Tc11
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [Fixed in Tc11] Red residue remains in the right corner of the status line of the Sync-Tool

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Moderator message

Moved to fixed bugs
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com