WebDav Plugin Button override ZipButton

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

znieH

WebDav Plugin Button override ZipButton

Post by *znieH »

Hi,
when I am in a WebDav folder, the button bar shows the button to disconnect the WebDav drive instead of the ZiP button. You have no more possibility to pack.
I would like to pack directly into a WeDav (Nextcloud) drive, but unfortunately this is not possible.
Is it a bug or can I configure it so that the ZipButten is no longer overwritten?

Thanks für answers.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WebDav Plugin Button override ZipButton

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately it isn't possible to pack directly to a plugin, because some data like the compressed size is only known after packing a file, but it is stored in front of the file in the archive.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
znieH

Post by *znieH »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2023-09-28, 16:16 UTC Unfortunately, it isn't possible to pack directly to a plugin because some data like the compressed size is only known after packing a file, but it is stored in front of the file in the archive.
Thank you for the explanation. However, the problem is that I no longer have the “Zip” button until I disconnect the WebDAV drive. No matter where I want to write the zip file.

Here, it would make more sense to make a query if the WebDAV drive is selected.
It is quite impractical to always disconnect the WebDAV connection to be able to zip at all.

Greets
Andi
JOUBE
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JOUBE »

znieH wrote: 2023-09-29, 17:46 UTC However, the problem is that I no longer have the “Zip” button until I disconnect the WebDAV drive. No matter where I want to write the zip file.

Here, it would make more sense to make a query if the WebDAV drive is selected.
It is quite impractical to always disconnect the WebDAV connection to be able to zip at all.
For me this behavior is totally okay and should not be changed. Because otherwise, the next step/the next question would be to compress in the direction into the plugin (Webdav, LAN, ...), which isn't possible as ghisler(author) had explained. You do this exactly once, then you know: compress first, then connect, then copy... That's the essence of a two-panel file manager (it's not a 2 1/2 panel file manager).

Joube