[REQ] Fix CTRL+BKSPC to work in all places

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

[REQ] Fix CTRL+BKSPC to work in all places

Post by *wanderer »

I'm sure i've seen this request inside other posts, but here it is on its own, hoping to get more attention: Please fix CTRL+BKSPC to work the same way in all places.

Currently it does not work in:
  • Rename
  • MkDIr
  • Breadcrumbs bar (when "clickable paths" is disabled)
  • (i'm probably missing other places too but the above are the most important)
It does work in command-line though.

How it should work? IMO it should either delete all text left of the cursor, or delete text up to the first \ before the cursor (as it works in the command-line). My vote in on the command-line way.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: [REQ] Fix CTRL+BKSPC to work in all places

Post by *Dalai »

This has been discussed quite a lot before. Ctrl+Backspace only works in fields where autocomplete is enabled. It's not a feature of TC but one of Windows's edit fields. Take a look at this thread, especially the explanation given/quoted by HolgerK and the script he posted: viewtopic.php?t=74462

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

Dalai wrote: 2023-12-19, 20:20 UTC This has been discussed quite a lot before. Ctrl+Backspace only works in fields where autocomplete is enabled. It's not a feature of TC but one of Windows's edit fields. Take a look at this thread, especially the explanation given/quoted by HolgerK and the script he posted: viewtopic.php?t=74462
Hey, thanks for the link. It would be really useful to have the command-line behavior (which seems custom-made by Christian) at the other places too. I'm mostly facing it as an issue in renaming and create dir functions, so all the others would be "nice-to-have" for me, but they would indeed add uniformity to TC.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

wanderer,
(i'm probably missing other places
File comment dialog.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.