sLister WLX plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

oOoZEUSoOo

Re: sLister WLX plugin

Post by *oOoZEUSoOo »

Hi 2macleod,
macleod wrote: 2023-10-26, 12:23 UTC Could you try to run it from any other place?
Yes of course I could and I tried already and it works.
But since several years I have the same structure for all my plugins. I don't install anything after a reinit but just copy TotalCmd structure in \program files\. So I don't want to begin to make some change for just only one plugins.
I manage with it and accept the fact that this one do not work as portable mode ^^

Thank you for your help.
Have a nice evening.

Best regards, Frederic.
Registered User. Total Commander : The best file manager...
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

oOoZEUSoOo wrote: 2023-10-26, 14:42 UTC I ... accept the fact that this one do not work as portable mode ^^
Portable use (e.g. via USB stick) as user and not as administrator is possible,
if it is permitted that the file "SumatraPDF-settings.txt" is saved [temporarily] in the following path:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\<your-user-name>\AppData\Local\SumatraPDF\   ... cd %LOCALAPPDATA%\SumatraPDF <enter>
Changes to settings are to be made in this file.

In my opinion, the effort required to set this up is low.
oOoZEUSoOo

Post by *oOoZEUSoOo »

Hi 2tuska,
In my opinion, the effort required to set this up is low.
You are absolutely right, in general I never touch this file, in fact it is not really a problem for me that it is created in ..\appdata\..\
When I reinstall my system, I overwrite the config file that was created by mine.
I use this plugin only for PDF and it works well.

Thank you everybodies for your help ^^
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

oOoZEUSoOo wrote: 2023-10-27, 02:28 UTC created in ..\appdata\..\
Your problem is that you are using the installable version of SumatraPDF. If you place it in ProgramFiles, the configuration file is created in the AppData folder. You need to use the portable version of SumatraPDF. It creates a configuration file always next to the SumatraPDF.exe file.
oOoZEUSoOo

Post by *oOoZEUSoOo »

AkulaBig wrote: 2023-12-23, 15:33 UTC
oOoZEUSoOo wrote: 2023-10-27, 02:28 UTC created in ..\appdata\..\
Your problem is that you are using the installable version of SumatraPDF. If you place it in ProgramFiles, the configuration file is created in the AppData folder. You need to use the portable version of SumatraPDF. It creates a configuration file always next to the SumatraPDF.exe file.
Hi 2AkulaBig,

Thanks for your answer. Actually I always use the portable version of PDF Sumatra. That's why I don't understand this issue.

EDIT :
Sorry, I've just realised it was a rights issue. I launch TC with admin rights and I was thinking that plugins had the same rights but no.
When I launch SumatraPDF in other directory it creates the config file in the same directory.
If someone know how to launch the plugin with the same right as TC...

So, I'm sorry for those who (may be) told me it was a rights issue as 2deus-ex told me ^^

Thank you everybody.

Best regards, Frederic.