TC IrfanView Plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

AkulaBig

Re: TC IrfanView Plugin

Post by *AkulaBig »

Profane0360 wrote: 2024-01-21, 01:20 UTC I need more info on this.
At my request, the author of IrfanView has done a lot of work to correct the errors existing in version 4.66.
1. Fixed a bug in viewing heic files. When viewing some heic files, an error occurred in recognizing the file header.
2. Fixed an error in displaying tiff files with an ICC profile.
When the ICC profile was enabled in the IrfanView settings, these files were displayed as a black square.
3. Fixed an error in displaying the number of pages of multi-page tiff files.
These fixes affect the i_viewХХ.exe files and the Lcms.dll, Tools.dll plugins. The author simply added the remaining new versions of plugins to the archive. You can use them or not.
There is also a new plugin PsHost.dll. As the author explained, it improves the display of the black and white theme.
Profane0360

Post by *Profane0360 »

I understand. Thank you very much indeed!
#155067 Personal licence (March 2007)
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Updated TCIrfanView Plugin.
Version 1.9:
+ All file operations are now available in quick view mode.

Due to popular demand, I unlocked the Quick View window. Now you can view files in QV as conveniently as in Lister itself.
Yes, now fans of viewing DJV and other multi-page files can use my plugin.
In the QV you can leaf through multi-page files. You need to add additional extensions to the detection line yourself. I position my plugin for viewing images. Fans of viewing files in natural size now also have the opportunity to use my plugin. In QV mode, the image can be moved as in Lister mode.
The changes in the code are very large. Therefore, we look for errors and report them to me.
thomasmolover

Post by *thomasmolover »

I found 2 format file could not be preview in TCifFanView plugins:

1. pdn file(paint.net), it seem to no data sent to the plugins. it can be shown fine if ifFan open. i have install IMPDN.dll.
2. heic file(what in ios). it could NOT show in plugins and program. it get a black to me. I've install HEIF Image Extensions & HEVC video Extension in MS store. but the file can be shown in imagine or xnview.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

2thomasmolover

wincmd.ini [Lister]
IviewAdditionalTypes=*.icl *.ico *.ccx *.dds *.heic *.xcf *.rw2 *.svg *.wdp *.webp *.arw *.avif

Did you add the .heic file extension?

---------------
Note
I am using IrfanView version 4.66 - 64 bit portable and have the following entry (including HEIC)

i_view64.ini

Code: Select all

CustomExtensions=123|3FR|3GP|AAC|AI|AIF|AMR|ANI|APNG|ARW|ASF|ASX|AU|AVI|AVIF|BIF|BMP|CAM|CBR|CBZ|CDR|CGM|CR2|CR3|CRW|CSV|CUR|DB|DCM|DCR|DCX|DDS|DIB|DJVU|DNG|DOC|DOCX|DRW|DWG|DXF|ECW|EMF|EML|EPS|EPUB|ERF|EXR|FLV|FSCX|G3|GIF|HDP|HDR|HEIC|HEIF|HTM|HTML|ICL|ICO|ICS|IFF|IMA|IMG|IW44|J2K|JFIF|JP2|JPC|JPE|JPEG|JPF|JPG|JPM|JLS|JNG|JS|JSON|JXR|KDC|LBM|M2T|M2TS|M4A|M4V|MEF|MD|MDB|MDC|MID|MKV|MNG|MOS|MOV|MP3|MP4|MPE|MPG|MPEG|MPO|MPP|MRW|MSG|MSK|MSP|MTS|NEF|NRW|OFR|OGG|ORF|PBM|PCD|PCT|PCX|PDF|PEF|PGM|PIC|PNG|PPM|PPT|PPTX|PRZ|PS|PS1|PSB|PSD|PSP|PST|PUB|QPW|QT|RA|RAF|RAM|RAS|RAW|RGB|RLE|RM|RMI|RTF|RW2|RWL|SDW|SFF|SGI|SHW|SID|SND|SQLITE|SR2|SRF|SRW|STL|SUN|SVG|SWF|TGA|TIF|TIFF|TS|TTF|TXT|UUE|VOB|VSD|WAV|WBMP|WDP|WEBM|WEBP|WMA|WMF|WMP|WMV|WMX|WPD|WPG|X3F|XBM|XCF|XLS|XLSM|XLSX|XML|XPM|XPS|XYS|ZIP|
thomasmolover

Post by *thomasmolover »

tuska wrote: 2024-04-08, 09:55 UTC 2thomasmolover

wincmd.ini [Lister]
IviewAdditionalTypes=*.icl *.ico *.ccx *.dds *.heic *.xcf *.rw2 *.svg *.wdp *.webp *.arw *.avif

Did you add the .heic file extension?

---------------
Note
I am using IrfanView version 4.66 - 64 bit portable and have the following entry (including HEIC)

i_view64.ini

Code: Select all

CustomExtensions=123|3FR|3GP|AAC|AI|AIF|AMR|ANI|APNG|ARW|ASF|ASX|AU|AVI|AVIF|BIF|BMP|CAM|CBR|CBZ|CDR|CGM|CR2|CR3|CRW|CSV|CUR|DB|DCM|DCR|DCX|DDS|DIB|DJVU|DNG|DOC|DOCX|DRW|DWG|DXF|ECW|EMF|EML|EPS|EPUB|ERF|EXR|FLV|FSCX|G3|GIF|HDP|HDR|HEIC|HEIF|HTM|HTML|ICL|ICO|ICS|IFF|IMA|IMG|IW44|J2K|JFIF|JP2|JPC|JPE|JPEG|JPF|JPG|JPM|JLS|JNG|JS|JSON|JXR|KDC|LBM|M2T|M2TS|M4A|M4V|MEF|MD|MDB|MDC|MID|MKV|MNG|MOS|MOV|MP3|MP4|MPE|MPG|MPEG|MPO|MPP|MRW|MSG|MSK|MSP|MTS|NEF|NRW|OFR|OGG|ORF|PBM|PCD|PCT|PCX|PDF|PEF|PGM|PIC|PNG|PPM|PPT|PPTX|PRZ|PS|PS1|PSB|PSD|PSP|PST|PUB|QPW|QT|RA|RAF|RAM|RAS|RAW|RGB|RLE|RM|RMI|RTF|RW2|RWL|SDW|SFF|SGI|SHW|SID|SND|SQLITE|SR2|SRF|SRW|STL|SUN|SVG|SWF|TGA|TIF|TIFF|TS|TTF|TXT|UUE|VOB|VSD|WAV|WBMP|WDP|WEBM|WEBP|WMA|WMF|WMP|WMV|WMX|WPD|WPG|X3F|XBM|XCF|XLS|XLSM|XLSX|XML|XPM|XPS|XYS|ZIP|
yes i did have the file extension in wincmd.ini, and i_view64.ini included the heic.
it can be preview in xnview or imagine, but not in irFanview
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

2thomasmolover
For me, the actual TC IrfanView plugin together with IrfanView x64 version 4.67 show .heic files.

If you have installed the HEIF Image Extensions & HEVC video Extensions under your account,
at least TC Explorer preview should display them.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3527)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1373a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

thomasmolover wrote: 2024-04-08, 09:17 UTC 1. pdn file(paint.net), it seem to no data sent to the plugins. it can be shown fine if ifFan open. i have install IMPDN.dll.
This is due to the fact that IrfanView tries to disable non-native plugins. Just enable this plugin in IV settings. Better yet, write the following section in the IV ini file:
[Disabled_PlugIns]
JPEG2000.DLL=0
B3D.DLL=0
FPX.DLL=0
ICS.DLL=0
JPEG_LS.DLL=0
MRC.DLL=0
WBZ.DLL=0
WPG.DLL=0
XCF.DLL=0
IMPDN.DLL=0
In the next version of the plugin, I will add this section to the plugin archive.
thomasmolover wrote: 2024-04-08, 09:17 UTC 2. heic file(what in ios). it could NOT show in plugins and program. it get a black to me. I've install HEIF Image Extensions & HEVC video Extension in MS store. but the file can be shown in imagine or xnview.
Codec MS story curve. You need to install CopyTrans HEIC for Windows from the IV website or from the Internet. This problem is known and discussed on the IV forum.
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Horst.Epp wrote: 2024-04-08, 10:30 UTC If you have installed the HEIF Image Extensions & HEVC video Extensions under your account,
MS codecs are crooked. They don't show the heic part. You must install the CopyTrans HEIC for Windows codec. Then all heic will be displayed.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

AkulaBig wrote: 2024-04-08, 10:35 UTC
Horst.Epp wrote: 2024-04-08, 10:30 UTC If you have installed the HEIF Image Extensions & HEVC video Extensions under your account,
MS codecs are crooked. They don't show the heic part. You must install the CopyTrans HEIC for Windows codec. Then all heic will be displayed.
That's wrong, at least for me.
Long time ago, I also had the "CopyTrans HEIC for Windows codecs" installed
but I have replaced them with the Microsoft codecs.
They work fine in TC plugins (IrfanView, Imagine, Photoviewer), Windows Explorer, Everything search tool
and XYplorer file manager.
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Horst.Epp wrote: 2024-04-08, 10:47 UTC They work fine in TC plugins (IrfanView, Imagine, Photoviewer), Windows Explorer, Everything search tool
and XYplorer file manager.
Imagine has a built-in heic codec. It does not use MS codecs. But IrfanView uses external code and shows the heic part as a black square. If confirmation is needed, I can send heic files that are not shown. Better yet, let the author of the post post his file and you’ll see, and I’ll take it to my collection.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

AkulaBig wrote: 2024-04-08, 11:32 UTC I can send heic files that are not shown. Better yet, let the author of the post post his file and you’ll see, and I’ll take it to my collection.
I have many sample .heic files in my plugin test collection.
They are all shown fine.
So I also would like to get same test files.

Btw. the Copy trans heic tool is now part of a larger package but can still be used for free.
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

Horst.Epp wrote: 2024-04-08, 12:40 UTC Btw. the Copy trans heic tool is now part of a larger package but can still be used for free.
Yes. It's free. There is a thread about it on the IrfanView forum. There they discuss the MS codec and there is a link to this codec. If we don’t get a link from the author of the post, I’ll post examples.
thomasmolover

Post by *thomasmolover »

thx 4 the suggest, I post the problem heic file below
AkulaBig wrote: 2024-04-08, 10:31 UTC This is due to the fact that IrfanView tries to disable non-native plugins. Just enable this plugin in IV settings. Better yet, write the following section in the IV ini file:
I'd enable the plugins in irfanview, but it's seem NOT the plugins by disabled but no file sentto the windows

This is my sample heic file could not be preview
the security info like GPS have be wipe
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VumBqKDe06WNnpAs8sp7_YEMKuI7qluX/view?usp=sharing
AkulaBig

Post by *AkulaBig »

thomasmolover wrote: 2024-04-09, 03:44 UTC I'd enable the plugins in irfanview, but it's seem NOT the plugins by disabled but no file sentto the windows
You can see this specifically in the settings: Help -> Installed PlugIns...
[img]https://i123.fastpic.org/thumb/2024/0409/3b/55d622c0b6f7c405e58d69de74d3dd3b.jpeg[/img]
thomasmolover wrote: 2024-04-09, 03:44 UTC This is my sample heic file could not be preview
This file doesn't show up for me either. And Imagine shows. Apparently we need to look for another codec.