Different Color Sections in ini

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

bitworker

Different Color Sections in ini

Post by *bitworker »

I would like to have different sections for the background-colors and the type-defined colors. So I could use different background colors for each profile I use but don't need to change the type-defined colors for every profile if there are any changes.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Different Color Sections in ini

Post by *petermad »

Maybe RedirectSection could help you:

Help wrote:Using multiple ini files

There are two options which allow to redirect one or more section from wincmd.ini to other files, e.g. to make the main wincmd.ini read only. It's also possible to quickly delete volatile data like directory and command line history by putting them in a separate file, which can then be deleted regularly.

1. Global option in section [Configuration]:
AlternateUserIni=<somename.ini>

If present in section [Configuration], it will redirect storing of all user-changeable sections to an alternate ini file (in this example, somename.ini), except for the following sections: [Configuration], [Layout], [Packer], [Confirmation], [Extensions], [Associations], [Shortcuts], [ShortcutsWin], [PackerPlugins], [FileSystemPlugins], [ListerPlugins], [ContentPlugins].

2. All sections can be redirected individually:
In each section, an entry
RedirectSection=

can be added to change the default behaviour. It will allow to redirect (or not) this section to another ini file:
Possible values:
0: no redirect even if the section would be redirected by AlternateUserIni
1: redirect to ini file defined via AlternateUserIni=<alternate ini file.ini>
<ininame.ini>: redirect to that specific ini
To deactivate a section (e.g. one of the histories), redirect that section to a read-only file.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar