How about Licensing change to a subscription model ?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

mrbeeye

How about Licensing change to a subscription model ?

Post by *mrbeeye »

What would you want in return if TC licensing got changed from lifetime license to subscription?

I only pay subscriptions for software where author(s) show(s) care for his/their product and constantly improve it.

It seems to me that TC has been hitting Lazarus limits for some time now, maybe it is time to consider to (re)write own ListBox component.
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Re: How about Licensing change to a subscription model ?

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

mrbeeye wrote: 2024-02-16, 06:12 UTC How about Licensing change to a subscription model
No. TC has the best Licensing model there is :!:
Hoecker sie sind raus!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I think it's a very bad trend that everything is turning into a subscription model, even hardware stuff like printer ink, and of course games (Game pass) and office software (Microsoft 365). It's a way for big corporations to milk the consumer the maximum possible way, you never own anything any more. This is caused by "shareholder value" where CEOs only think in quarterly earnings and their bonuses. We are not a public company, so we don't have to do that.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
oOoZEUSoOo

Post by *oOoZEUSoOo »

2ghisler
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2024-02-16, 08:47 UTC I think it's a very bad trend that everything is turning into a subscription model, even hardware stuff like printer ink, and of course games (Game pass) and office software (Microsoft 365). It's a way for big corporations to milk the consumer the maximum possible way, you never own anything any more. This is caused by "shareholder value" where CEOs only think in quarterly earnings and their bonuses. We are not a public company, so we don't have to do that.
A Big thanks for this great answer !
Registered User. Total Commander : The best file manager...
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

We are not a public company, so we don't have to do that

:-)
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
dennis48755

Post by *dennis48755 »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2024-02-16, 08:47 UTC I think it's a very bad trend that everything is turning into a subscription model, even hardware stuff like printer ink, and of course games (Game pass) and office software (Microsoft 365). It's a way for big corporations to milk the consumer the maximum possible way, you never own anything any more. This is caused by "shareholder value" where CEOs only think in quarterly earnings and their bonuses. We are not a public company, so we don't have to do that.
Thankful for this response, which I totally agree with, I just ordered my second Total Commander license.
Actually, my first license was for Windows Commander purchased in 1999.

Dennis
Dennis

Licensee since 1999
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Thank you very much for the extra support!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com