Please add color setting for cursor-bar-bkg-/foreground

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

georgeb

Please add color setting for cursor-bar-bkg-/foreground

Post by *georgeb »

I'm using TC_Android with great success on about half-a-dozen Android-devices by now and - call me old-fashioned - my individualized color-scheme still resembles that of "archaic" Norton-Commander (dark-blue background with cyan list-font for the main windows/panels). Why? Because I'm firmly convinced that you cannot (and should not try to) improve optimal things. :mrgreen:

This setting on TC_Android has one severe drawback though. The active cursor-bar will then show some still slightly darker shade of blue - albeit with black (instead of cyan) font-color which makes the active-/cursor-line-text entirely unreadable.

So my humble request would be to make the foreground-/background-color for the active cursor-bar (and possibly for any selected files) separately user-configurable, too, much like in Main_TC_for_Win.

Of course not the full plethora of color-settings as in the main-program would be necessary, only the most basic color-definitions for the very basic elements (like cursor-bar, selection?) in order to ensure readability for each user-defined color-scheme.
HalbschuhTouri

Re: Please add color setting for cursor-bar-bkg-/foreground

Post by *HalbschuhTouri »

My color scheme (also on the dark side) is different but I've got the same problem.
The list-font under the cursor-bar (seemingly by default) becomes black instead of the bright color of choice. And as a result the text under the cursor-bar-field becomes unreadable. To avoid that I certainly could choose a different (bright) color scheme but then I like mine as it is. With the exception of that annoyance.

So, support +++,

please add option to separately select the text-font-color under the cursor-bar and possibly also for selected fields on an individual basis. I would also agree that nobody expects the multitude of color-options from the main Win-version here, too, but basic readability of all the list-fields including the one under the cursor-bar should be obtainable for each color-scheme generated.
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

What about using dark mode?
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
georgeb

Post by *georgeb »

Usher wrote: 2024-03-10, 10:10 UTC What about using dark mode?
Not sure in how far that would be supposed to help? As a matter of fact I'm already using dark mode - with my special color-scheme, that is.

Meaning for the list-fields I've set a dark blue tone as background and bright cyan as text color. And regardless of whether I switch to "light"-mode now or if I keep working in "dark"-mode the text-(list)-font-color will change to black for the list-field under the cursor-bar (= the file in focus). In main-(Win-)-TC there are special color-settings provided for cursor-color (background, text-color and even selected-text-color), among many others. And, yes, I get it, this is not main-TC with its plethora of settings but only a slim app for Android.

Nevertheless I would ask for these (2 or 3) extra-color-settings for Android, too, as basic readability is not a "luxury-good" and should be achievable for all color-schemes a user may define to his liking.