Please add support for Shizuku to TC4A

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

bremaya

Please add support for Shizuku to TC4A

Post by *bremaya »

Would it be possible to add support for Shizuku in Total Commander?
With this in MT Manager is possible to access and modify files in /Android/data and /Android/obb directories.

Subject adjusted by Moderator
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Support Shizuku!

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I have indeed considered it, but as I understand, it only works when enabled from a PC via USB, and only until the next reboot?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
bremaya

Post by *bremaya »

From Android 11 and higher versions, Wi-Fi debugging was implemented and with this we can activate a local Shell without using a computer.
hansmeisen

Post by *hansmeisen »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2024-01-30, 10:59 UTC ... it only works when enabled from a PC via USB, and only until the next reboot?
Kein Problem für mich, reboot kommt nur alle paar Wochen vor. Aber TC benutze ich täglich und Shizuku Möglichkeiten damit wären sehr hilfreich. Und mit ADB über USB fummele ich sowieso öfters rum als mir lieb ist.
nbsp

Post by *nbsp »

Yes, please do add support for Shizuku in Total Commander. As it was said above it would be possible to access files in Android/data and Android/obb. And starting from Android 11 it would not be required to be enabled via USB from a PC, as Wireless debugging can be used to start Shizuku.
nbsp

Post by *nbsp »

The ZArchiver app has support for Shizuku. After enabling ZArchiver in Shizuku, open "Settings -> ROOT" in ZArchiver, set "Type of root access" to "Shizuku" and enable "Use for Android/[data|obb]". Now you can access Android/data and Android/obb from within ZArchiver using Shizuku.

Of course, I would prefer using Total Commander for this.
albs1ster

Post by *albs1ster »

I appreciate all previously expressed desires to have Shizuku implementation in Total Commander.

It is very easy to activate Shizuku via Wireless debugging if you have Android 11+, as you just need to:
1. Make sure Shizuku can run in the background.
2. Do not disable "USB debugging" and "Developer options".
3. Make sure you enable "Disable adb authorization timeout" option.
4. To enter adb authorization code, look for Shizuku annotation.

FV File Explorer also support Shizuku and you can access Android/data and Android/obb from within app.

I would love to Shizuku support in Total Commander and very much appreciate the Author of Total Commander, and I am joyful for all new interest and new exiting options that this will give for variety of android users.