Position of Background copy/pack/delete Dialog

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

funkymonk

Position of Background copy/pack/delete Dialog

Post by *funkymonk »

Maybe there is already solution to the following questions.
Otherwise, please consider a corresponding improvement as a suggestion for the next version of TC.

Regarding the small progress dialog which appears when pressing the “background” button in the regular copy/pack/delete progress dialog (not the background transfer manager!):
  • Of course, the dialog can be moved to a different position P, but once bringing it back to the foreground and then again back to the background, it appears at its default position (not at P).
    -> Is there an option to retain the individual positions of each background copy dialog when switching between background and foreground?
    It's quite annoying to have to keep moving them back to a different position...

• And: When switching to background for the first time, the dialog’s default position is hidden behind the TC main window. (In case of several open background dialogs, they are arranged next to each other.)
    -> Is there an option to specify another “start location” for placing these background dialogs?
    For example, I’m using TC on one screen and would like to have the background copy dialogs arranged at another second screen. This way, the TC main window wouldn’t hide them (and I don't have to move them)…
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Position of Background copy/pack/delete Dialog

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

No there isn't, sorry. The dialog is hidden behind the main window because the focus is set on the main window so you can do other tasks during the copy operation. Just make the main window a bit smaller to see the background dialog, it should be shown at the top.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
funkymonk

Post by *funkymonk »

Thank you for your answer.
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2024-03-25, 08:53 UTC No there isn't, sorry.
Maybe that's something to implement in the next version.
@Moderator: Can you please move this post to the suggestions forum?
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2024-03-25, 08:53 UTC The dialog is hidden behind the main window because the focus is set on the main window so you can do other tasks during the copy operation.
Sure, I would certainly keep the focus at the main window! That wasn't the point of my question/request.
ghisler(Author) wrote: 2024-03-25, 08:53 UTC Just make the main window a bit smaller to see the background dialog, it should be shown at the top.
That's something I want to avoid. Having TC maximized is crucial for me.

--> It would be great to simply place the background windows starting from a user definable position (e.g., at another screen). If nothing is specified by the user, just keep the current behavior...
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Moderator message from: white » 2024-03-27, 17:51 UTC

Moved topic
» from Total Commander (English) to TC suggestions (English)