WCX plugin for creation of ISO files

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

taohe

WCX plugin for creation of ISO files

Post by *taohe »

It's called TotalISO. It is a WCX plugin for creation of ISO files. It's a graphical front end for mkisofs and cdimage. This is a freeware.

It uses a listview control to show command options. If the option requires an argument, double-clicking on the argument column will enable you to edit the argument.

You can save prefered options as an xml file, and load it in other sessions for similar operations.

TotalISO supports multiple languages. Currently, it supports English and Chinese (Simplified). If "lang\zh_cn.dll" does not exist, it uses English, otherwise, it uses Chinese (simplified).

Download: http://fm2k.ys168.com

Please use IE to download the file. Just ignore the Chinese words on the page, and click the link related to the file in English.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Doesn't create an iso output file for me.
Environment WinXP SP2, TC 6.51
Also without a knowledge of mkisofs no one can select useful options.
There should be some predefined argument sets for common jobs.
TW

Post by *TW »

looks interesting, thank you.

but not easy to handle. by default, it just tells me "please select a directory and try again", then it stops. :?
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

TW wrote:looks interesting, thank you.

but not easy to handle. by default, it just tells me "please select a directory and try again", then it stops. :?
me too and now configuration gui ?
Last edited by Sir_SiLvA on 2005-04-11, 20:35 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Hoecker sie sind raus!
taohe

Post by *taohe »

To create ISO files using TotalISO, you need to install TotalISO ( ^_^ ) and mkisofs.exe and/or cdimage.exe.

I included mkisofs.exe in the downloaded file but forgot to include cygwin1.dll, which is required by mkisofs.exe. You can either install a basic cygwin, or search for
Bart's PEBuild (You can find both mkisofs.exe and cygwin1.dll in PEBuild).

To use:
Select a directory in TC, press "Alt+F5", Select "tio" (the default extension of TotalISO plugin). Click "Ok". Then select appropriate options. The provided default options for mkisofs will make a valid ISO file from the selected directory. To be simpler, just de-select those arguments requring argument, then click "Ok". If it fails, enable the creation of log file, and see what's said in the log file.

There are buttons to "save" and "load" settings as XML files. They may be useful, if someone can share some of the settings for some normal tasks (ie, settings for data cd, bootable cd, etc).

In the next version, I will add some wizards to make it easier to choose command options for specific tasks.

Graphical configuration is still under development, so it is disabled.
JP

Post by *JP »

It works for me. I hope you'll implement some other options (create an iso image ripping a CD). Thanks for the plugin.
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

2taohe
I've waited for it. Thanks a lot. :-)
What about multilanguage version?
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
taohe

Post by *taohe »

2JP

More options will be added in the future once I've got free time and collected user's feedback.

2djk
Multilanguage is one of the design features of TotalISO. It currently supports English and Chinese (Simplified), which are what I can use. Which language would you like? Would you like to help to translate?

Can anyone familiar with mkisofs and/or cdimage share the settings for some specific tasks (normal data cd, bootable cd, etc)? Its' very easy to do so. From TotalISO's main dialog, just show all the options for the command, and select desired options, and save as the options to XML files, and then share the xml files. Thanks!
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

2taohe
I mean Polish one. I can try to help in translation. Just send me an info how to do it.
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
franck8244
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *franck8244 »

Multilanguage is one of the design features of TotalISO. It currently supports English and Chinese (Simplified), which are what I can use. Which language would you like? Would you like to help to translate?
You should not use DLL file for the language part ...

A simple text file (ini format or other) is the best (easiest) way to collect many available language !
TC#88260 -
gnozal8

Post by *gnozal8 »

I included mkisofs.exe in the downloaded file but forgot to include cygwin1.dll...
You can download the latest version of cdrtools here
http://smithii.com/files/cdrtools-latest.zip?PHPSESSID=0d4409158844db07be58dac999245dda

Files :

Code: Select all

align_test.exe
AN-2.01
avoffset.exe
cdda2wav.exe
cdrecord.exe
cdrtools-2.01a27-o_excl.patch..patch
cdrtools-2.01-force_uppercase.patch
COPYING
cygwin1.dll
devdump.exe
isodebug.exe
isodump.exe
isoinfo.exe
isovfy.exe
mkisofs.exe
readcd.exe
README
README.win32
rscsi.exe
scgcheck.exe
skel.exe
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

I agree with franck8244. Most of the plugins uses plain text lang files.
DJK
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
taohe

Post by *taohe »

2gnozal8
Thanks for the link!

2franck8244 and djk

You mean to use "*.lng" files? I have little experience in using them in TC plugins. Do they work well with multi-byte languages like Chinese, Japanese and Korean? I mean, if a dialog is designed using English as the resource language, and then we provide a Chinese lng file. Can the texts on the dialog display properly in Chinese? Another question is that with lng files, can you select a language for a plugin different from the language of TC. For example, if TC is in English, can I set the plugin to use Chinese?

Any comments or info would be appreciated. I will try to update the program once I've got free time.
franck8244
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *franck8244 »

Usually, plugin use an ini file where the language is specified...
So :
- It's "your job" to play with those lng file: loading and displaying them (TC does it only for Content plugin)
- You can choose the language in your apps for example with a combobox, then you set the good value in your ini file
TC#88260 -
taohe

Post by *taohe »

2franck8244

I see. Thanks!