Can't get it to work: drag&drop to Foobar2000 in button

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Guillaume

Post by *Guillaume »

Gregory wrote:Check 'run minimized' and you will never see it
Of course I had that checked, but still the taskbar shows it, of course...

I got the delay to 20ms, that's somewhat acceptable, but still I don't think it's an elegant solution...

I wish it would just leave the m3u in tact, so the tool can close immediately after the m3u is created and fb2k is started.
JackFoo

Post by *JackFoo »

@Guillaume
Hi, I think the simplest reason is probably the downfall...

1. Check that the path to the program is correct.
2. Please note that %L must be passed to the program -> some files/folders must be selected.
3. If the above doesn't work, try using lst2str with some other program (notepad) and see if that helps.

(*) I you want foobar2000 to start hidden add the /W:H

P.S. In my comp. it works perfectly.

Cheers.
Guillaume

Post by *Guillaume »

JackFoo wrote:@Guillaume
Hi, I think the simplest reason is probably the downfall...

1. Check that the path to the program is correct.
2. Please note that %L must be passed to the program -> some files/folders must be selected.
3. If the above doesn't work, try using lst2str with some other program (notepad) and see if that helps.

(*) I you want foobar2000 to start hidden add the /W:H

P.S. In my comp. it works perfectly.

Cheers.
No it doesn't work. Try adding a lot of files using lst2str, and you'll see that not all files are added to the playlist.
JackFoo

Post by *JackFoo »

Well, did you perhaps read the readme:

Code: Select all

Changes v1.15 [12.03.03]:
[+] Added a new switch /C (command line length limit).
/C:[nnn        ] : An integer specifying the limit for command line length, can be in the following range [256-4096]. (default: 256)
I would gues 4096 with %l or even %L is quite enough, if not, drop a line and I'll remove the limit.

Cheers.
Guillaume

Post by *Guillaume »

JackFoo wrote:Well, did you perhaps read the readme:

Code: Select all

Changes v1.15 [12.03.03]:
[+] Added a new switch /C (command line length limit).
/C:[nnn        ] : An integer specifying the limit for command line length, can be in the following range [256-4096]. (default: 256)
I would gues 4096 with %l or even %L is quite enough, if not, drop a line and I'll remove the limit.

Cheers.
So this is a limit within lst2str... I see, well, I would appreciate it if you dropped the limit. I see no function in it at all... (and no, 4096 characters is not enough to add a big number of files to fb2k)...
Guillaume

Post by *Guillaume »

So JackFoo, could you please drop the character limit? :roll:
JackFoo

Post by *JackFoo »

I'll have a look, btw how many files are you actually trying to add (just out of curiosity)?

Cheers.
Guillaume

Post by *Guillaume »

JackFoo wrote:I'll have a look, btw how many files are you actually trying to add (just out of curiosity)?

Cheers.
Well, that's not really the point. The point is I should be able to add an (almost) infinite number of files to the playlist from within TC...
JackFoo

Post by *JackFoo »

Actually it precisely IS the point, a program should be able to do what it was designed for (while the design took users desires into consideration).

While it could be nice for some kinky scientist to be able to detonate bombs and communicate with aliens by using lst2str; it wasn't designed for it. I asked the question because nobody else mentioned the lack in CL length, if you mention it just on a whim... or if it's a real problem for you makes tons of differences.

Cheers.
Guillaume

Post by *Guillaume »

JackFoo wrote:Actually it precisely IS the point, a program should be able to do what it was designed for (while the design took users desires into consideration).

While it could be nice for some kinky scientist to be able to detonate bombs and communicate with aliens by using lst2str; it wasn't designed for it. I asked the question because nobody else mentioned the lack in CL length, if you mention it just on a whim... or if it's a real problem for you makes tons of differences.

Cheers.
Then I must ask you what the current limit is useful for. I can understand that when programmes only handle 256 characters, it's quite handy to have a switch to limit the commandline, but making a maximum (4096) just makes no sense. But it's just that if I want to add lots of files (for example almost the complete download-folder of 'a peer-to-peer file sharing programme', after about 150-200 numbers the 4096 characters are used up...
Guillaume

Post by *Guillaume »

I saw there's a maximum of ~32k characters. So when I use /C:99999 I'm sure I have the max number of characters possible in Windows?
JackFoo

Post by *JackFoo »

I saw there's a maximum of ~32k characters. So when I use /C:99999 I'm sure I have the max number of characters possible in Windows?
Correct, it'll get capped to 32767 (2^15 - 1), so you could put 40000 or 32767 for the same result.

However, fb2k supports list files, the only problem is that TC creates list files with .lst extension which fb2k doesn't recognize as valid m3u; So possible solutions:
1. Ask fb2k's author to support .lst
2. Ask Christian to be able to pass %L with .m3u extension
3. !!! Order your files in dirs as they should be
4. !!! Create m3u's, TC has a plugin for it

NOTE: #3 and #4 is what you really should do.

Cheers.
Guillaume

Post by *Guillaume »

JackFoo wrote:
Correct, it'll get capped to 32767 (2^15 - 1), so you could put 40000 or 32767 for the same result.

However, fb2k supports list files, the only problem is that TC creates list files with .lst extension which fb2k doesn't recognize as valid m3u; So possible solutions:
1. Ask fb2k's author to support .lst
2. Ask Christian to be able to pass %L with .m3u extension
3. !!! Order your files in dirs as they should be
4. !!! Create m3u's, TC has a plugin for it

NOTE: #3 and #4 is what you really should do.

Cheers.
1. Asked for a '/forcem3u' switch to identify the .lst file as an m3u.
2. Don't think he'll do this, but it would be a very nice solution
3. They are, but nevertheless I like to browse the folders, select some files of the album and add them to the Foobar playlist using a hotkey. But there's also a large folder used by errr, KazaA/Soulseek, you know :roll: That folder contains at least 10 gigabytes of files, and searching them on ID3 tags is quite handy when they're all added to the Foobar playlist...
4. TC's m3u tool/plugin causes a command prompt screen to appear for a while. This is just hideous.

Personally I would like solution 1 or 2 the most...
JackFoo

Post by *JackFoo »

G:
But there's also a large folder used by errr, KazaA/Soulseek, you know That folder contains at least 10 gigabytes of files, and searching them on ID3 tags is quite handy when they're all added to the Foobar playlist...
Rearange the files in dirs.
G:
TC's m3u tool/plugin causes a command prompt screen to appear for a while. This is just hideous
I've got no idea what tool are you talking about, I meant the one called MakeBAT its a packer plugin (no command prompt there):
http://www.wincmd.com/plugins.htm

P.S. I find it hard to belive you actually add more that 32k chars...

Cheers.
Guillaume

Post by *Guillaume »

JackFoo wrote:I've got no idea what tool are you talking about, I meant the one called MakeBAT its a packer plugin (no command prompt there):
http://www.wincmd.com/plugins.htm

P.S. I find it hard to belive you actually add more that 32k chars...

Cheers.
I thought you meant WALaunch4TC...

[edit] The new lst2str switch /E it fills all my needs. Thanks JackFoo, great tool 8)