Search function:show folders which dont include search term?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

®®®

Search function:show folders which dont include search term?

Post by *®®® »

Hello,
i already searched the forum for about 20 minutes, but was not able to find an answer for my question. Or it slipped through :oops:. I'm using TC v6.52 with no external plugins or such, just the standard install for a non-expert user :D .
What i intend to do is search a given dir with about 150 subfolders and TC should show me *only* the folder where the search term (a filename) is NOT existant. As far from what i saw in TC the standard search function does not contan such a feature and i already tried out the standard search plugin (named tc), but even after reading the excellent help really don't have a clue how to :? .

Deeper information/explanation of my problem:
These subdirs (should=exception always occur and i need to find it :wink: ) include all the same files, but always different fileversions for a file. I need to find the one (or more) folder(s), which has a missing file (aka the 'exception').

What do i need to do to realize my humble project?

Thanks for your time.
nevidimka

Post by *nevidimka »

AFAIK there is no simple solution for your problem with TC.
If I would be in your shoes I would solve such a challenge with a little batch programming (combination of commands for and if [not] exist).
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance. Benjamin Franklin
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

These subdirs (should=exception always occur and i need to find it ) include all the same files
So, this means that one folder has one file less than the other?
In this case just count the files and set a condition like "=X" with X= number of files the searched folder contains, you can do that with DirSizeCalc plugin for example.

Icfu
This account is for sale