Help with Quick View

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Cobras

Help with Quick View

Post by *Cobras »

Lots of digital pictures (jpg) were downloaded from digital camera to hard drive.
Jpg sizes range 1.2 - 2.3 MB. With TC, I can see all of them nicely with Thumbnail View.
With Quick View (Ctrl/Q or Show/Quick View Panel), I only see a fraction of the images because images are huge. Is there anyway to view the whole image which is fit to the size of a TC panel. Cobras
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

Activate with [Tab] the panel with the picture in, press [f]. That should do the trick.

sheepdog

BTW most of the settings for the lister/quickview you can find by starting the lister and browse through the menu of it. There are also shown the Hotkeys.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
van Dusen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *van Dusen »

Activate the quick view panel and press <F>. This toggles the "Fit images to window" option. Now you can activate the opposite panel again and browse your pictures, each picture will fit to the quick view panel now.

You can set the default for the "Fit images to window" option in <wincmd.ini>, section "[Lister]", key "ShrinkBitmap=0/1" (Value=0 will show images at 100%, Value=1 will zoom large images to fit the panel).

If you are using Imagine-plugin for showing images: Imagine has an own option to fit large images (context menu "Options" -> "Preferences...", tab "View", checkbox "Fit only big images").

The listers "fit"-option and Imagines "fit"-option interferes each other; if listers "fit"-option is enabled, you can't zoom to 100% in Imagine. So if you're using Imagine, switch off the listers "fit"-option and use only Imagines one.

EDIT: Oops... Sheepdog was faster :)
Clo

Plugin…

Post by *Clo »

:) Hello !
- It depends on the Lister plugin you are using to watch your big pics as QuickView -which is a Lister covering function-.

- In example, if you use SG_Viewer, you must establish the display as "Fit the window", then the large pics are resized alright when using Ctl+Q.

:mrgreen:  Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Cobras

Post by *Cobras »

Sheepdog wrote:Activate with [Tab] the panel with the picture in, press [f]. That should do the trick.

sheepdog

BTW most of the settings for the lister/quickview you can find by starting the lister and browse through the menu of it. There are also shown the Hotkeys.
Sheepdog,

It is fantastic. After pressing [Tab]/f, it became a default setting for Quick View. I no longer need Irfanview anymore.

For newbie, I could not get your other comment.

>you can find by starting the lister and browse through the menu of it.

Please advise me how to start the lister to browser throgh the menu. Your help would be appreciated. I am learning. Cobras
Cobras

Re: Plugin…

Post by *Cobras »

Clo wrote::) Hello !
- In example, if you use SG_Viewer, you must establish the display as "Fit the window", then the large pics are resized alright when using Ctl+Q.
Clo
Clo, I need your help on this one. When I checked plugins, I see that both Imagine.wlx and SGViewer.wlx were installed. Imagine viewer appears to be associated with Quick View. My question is how to select or deslect between Imagine and SGViewer. I am trying to learn how to use plugins. Cobras
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

Cobras wrote:For newbie, I could not get your other comment.

>you can find by starting the lister and browse through the menu of it.
Sorry for not beeing clear enough:

Put the cursor on any file (e.g. one of your pictures) and press [F3]. This starts the Lister in its own window.

There you can see an own menu . And there you can see the hotkeys like "Fit image to window F" and so on. These Hotkeys do work in most cases even if you're using Quick view. You just have to activate the the window where your file is displayed.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Vansumsen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Vansumsen »

2 Cobras
My question is how to select or deslect between Imagine and SGViewer. I am trying to learn how to use plugins.
While you are waiting for Clo's answer, give a try to a wonderfull plugins manager... you can found it here

Friendly

Paul
Ouistiti, #11943

L'important n'est pas de convaincre, mais de donner à réfléchir.
The important thing is not to convince, but to incite to think.

Cobras

Post by *Cobras »

Sheepdog wrote:
Cobras wrote:For newbie, I could not get your other comment.
There you can see an own menu . And there you can see the hotkeys like "Fit image to window F" and so on. These Hotkeys do work in most cases even if you're using Quick view. You just have to activate the the window where your file is displayed.

sheepdog
Thanks sheepdog. I got it.
Thanks to Vansumsen. I could now switch between Imagine and SG viewers with TC Plugin Manager. All of you guys could be another Bill Gates!

Thanks to all. Plugins are great. Cobras
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Cobras,
You can have SGViewer and Imagine both installed at the same time. When an image is displayed using a plugin, you can switch to the next plugin by pressing "4". So if SGViewer is active in Lister, showing an image, just press "4" and Imagine will be loaded. "4" again and SGviewer loads. And so on.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Cobras

Post by *Cobras »

Hacker wrote:Cobras,
You can have SGViewer and Imagine both installed at the same time. When an image is displayed using a plugin, you can switch to the next plugin by pressing "4". So if SGViewer is active in Lister, showing an image, just press "4" and Imagine will be loaded. "4" again and SGviewer loads. And so on.

HTH
Roman
When I hit "4", I see HexView. When I hit 4 again, it goes back to SGviewer. BTW, both SGViewer and Imagine plugins were already installed. I now see that loading of SGview and HexView is altenrated with 4, not imagine. I am sure you can fix this problem for me. TIA. Cobras
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Cobras,
Hmm, by any chance, did you press "3"? That is Lister's hex view.
What other Lister plugins do you have installed? Maybe you could try and disable all Lister plugins except SGViewer and Imagine and see if it works. Then reenable them one by one to see what plugin causes a problem.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Cobras

Post by *Cobras »

Hacker wrote:Cobras,
Hmm, by any chance, did you press "3"? That is Lister's hex view.
What other Lister plugins do you have installed? Maybe you could try and disable all Lister plugins except SGViewer and Imagine and see if it works. Then reenable them one by one to see what plugin causes a problem.

HTH
Roman
Both 3 and 4 are hex viewers on my computer. It seems that 3 is the real hex viewer but 4 shows a fraction of the whole hex file. Well, it is no big deal. Thanks. Cobras
franck8244
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *franck8244 »

Both 3 and 4 are hex viewers on my computer
It simply means you have installed the "FileView" plugin... ( http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/fview.html )
TC#88260 -