Interpret buttonbar as menu

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

WatchUer wrote:I got a problem:

In a button bar's definition, The command is "eventvwr.msc /s"

When I use the wcmenu, it pops a error like "Cannot run eventvwr.msc /s".

If I erase the " /s", it will be ok.
1. You have to seperate command itself and parameter /s. Command in the command field. Parameters in the parameter field.

2. If you want to see events log, you can see them from TC when appropriate plugin installed. :)
WatchUer

Post by *WatchUer »

VadiMGP wrote:1. You have to seperate command itself and parameter /s. Command in the command field. Parameters in the parameter field.

2. If you want to see events log, you can see them from TC when appropriate plugin installed. :)
THANX for your reply!

The event log plugin is a good idea.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

A new version (v1.4) is available.
Added parameter "?" for user input. Check readme for differences from TC "?" parameter.

Program can be downloaded from
ftp://mgppublic:public@mgpsoft.com/wcmenu14.zip
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

1. Small bug in "?" paramener is fixed. The new version:
ftp://mgppublic:public@mgpsoft.com/wcmenu15.zip

2. There was a wish (and i heard from my friends too) about displaying not menu but another toolbar that disappears after click. So i decide to write another program (let say TCToolbar :)).
Any wishes? Suggestions? Ideas?
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

VadiMGP wrote:2. There was a wish (and i heard from my friends too) about displaying not menu but another toolbar that disappears after click. So i decide to write another program (let say TCToolbar :)).
Yes, I would rather prefer a single tool where I would be able to choose the type of button display. Integration can’t be hard!

Keep up the good work!

PS: Thanks for the update!
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

VadiMGP wrote:1. Small bug in "?" paramener is fixed. The new version:
ftp://mgppublic:public@mgpsoft.com/wcmenu15.zip
BTW: Should't this topic be moved to "Plugin development+support (English)" forum?
It's of course not a plugin but... something like that ;-)
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
WatchUer

Post by *WatchUer »

VadiMGP wrote:2. There was a wish (and i heard from my friends too) about displaying not menu but another toolbar that disappears after click. So i decide to write another program (let say TCToolbar :)).
TCToolbar is a great idea!
Munango-Keewati

Post by *Munango-Keewati »

How's it coming? I'm really looking forward to this. Thanks!
JohnFredC
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *JohnFredC »

Hi VadiMGP

I love this little menu tool you wrote. Thanks!

A small comment about the "?" parameter. I like the way it works now with the prompt text, but I use the TC "?" perhaps differently from the way others do... I use it to cause a pause before execution. I can review the parameters being passed to the executable and change them if I wish, and I can hold the shift key down when clicking OK to bypass the startup routines in the executable I am starting.

Question:

Where do I place the "?" in TCMenu parameters to cause the rest of the parameters (filename, for instance) to appear as the default value in the edit control of the TCMenu popup dialog?

Thanks again for your cool little menu thingie.
Licensed, Mouse-Centric, moving (slowly) toward Touch-centric
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

VadiMGP wrote: 2. There was a wish (and i heard from my friends too) about displaying not menu but another toolbar that disappears after click. So i decide to write another program (let say TCToolbar :)).
Another toolbar? Great! Just do it :-)
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2JohnFredC
Where do I place the "?" in TCMenu parameters to cause the rest of the parameters (filename, for instance) to appear as the default value in the edit control of the TCMenu popup dialog?
It doesn't matter. In any place. Position of "?" just define cursor position in the edit box. If you don't care about cursor position put "?" as start (just like it was in TC)
...I can hold the shift key down when clicking OK to bypass the startup routines in the executable I am starting.
Sorry, i don't understand issue with shift button. Can you explain in details?
Last edited by VadiMGP on 2003-05-08, 22:38 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

How's it coming? I'm really looking forward to this.
Just do it icon_smile.gif
Don't worry, i'll do it. :)
liketc

Post by *liketc »

2 Problems:
1, I found some TC 's internal commands cannt work correctly in WCMENU but work well in TC's BAR.

for example: cm_ShowOnlySelected

2, I found sometimes click the WCMENU button and popup the subbar menu too slow. and sometimes,some internal commands (fx: cm_Properties) should issue a popup dialog,but the dialog appear too slow.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2liketc
1. Very strange, I have no idea why it can happen. wcmenu handle all internal commands exactly for the same manner.
2. Again, cm_Properties is just one of internal commands. Do you see slowing only when command launched from wcmenu?

Christian, may be you can explain this behavior? I send all internal commands to TC window via WM_USER+51 message.
liketc

Post by *liketc »

VadiMGP wrote:2liketc
1. Very strange, I have no idea why it can happen. wcmenu handle all internal commands exactly for the same manner.
2. Again, cm_Properties is just one of internal commands. Do you see slowing only when command launched from wcmenu?

Christian, may be you can explain this behavior? I send all internal commands to TC window via WM_USER+51 message.
1, Have you test the command: cm_ShowOnlySelected ? Does It not run correctly?
It is more better if you can fix it.

2, Yes,I only say: sometimes.
And other time,It still run immediatly like in bar.