Different color for compressed folders/files

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

markocd

Different color for compressed folders/files

Post by *markocd »

It is not a "really need" functionality, but it would be appreciated, if compressed Windows Folders and files would be displayed in different color.

Does it already exist and I'm not aware of it?

Thanks,
Marko
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

markocd
Go to the Settings dialog, select Color page, press "Define colors by file types" button. In the new dialog press Add, then Define - you will get a dialog very similar to the Find files dialog. There go to Advanced tab, select Attributes checkbox and Compressed checkbox; press Save and enter any suitable name. Then you will see this name in the Specify file type dialog: select it and press OK. You will get a Choose color dialog - select any that you wish and press OK. That's all, now compressed files/folders will be shown with the color you specified.

For encrypted files/folders you can do the same, but select not Compressed, but Encrypted checkbox when defining the file template.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

Yes: Configuration / Color / &Define colors by file type... / Add / Define / Advanced / Attributes / &Compressed / Save / "Compressed files" / Ok / Select "Compressed files" here / Ok / Choose a color / Ok / Ok

PS: too slow, hehe.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
deckard

Post by *deckard »

Thanks guys, I was just going to post a question about this!

I'll include some keywords for future searches about this: NTFS compression.

Edit: I found a bug in this, can any of you reproduce it? Include an attribute in a search definition and then save it. Then remove it (unclick the "Attributes" box to grey all attributes out) and re-save it with either the same name or a new - the attributes box is still checked!

The only way I could remove it from the search definition was to start a completely new search and save it.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2cyberzip
I found a bug in this
Confirmed - If I just deactivate the Attributes checkbox then TC doesn't save the change, but if I select another attribute and then deactivate the Attributes checkbox it works alright.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
deckard

Post by *deckard »

petermad wrote:2cyberzip
I found a bug in this
Confirmed - If I just deactivate the Attributes checkbox then TC doesn't save the change, but if I select another attribute and then deactivate the Attributes checkbox it works alright.
Thanks for confirming! I saw in your signature that you're a beta tester - do you have a special way of reporting bugs or should I mail it in / re-post a bug report on the forum?

/cz
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

cyberzip wrote: or should I mail it in / re-post a bug report on the forum?

/cz
You should mail it as @ghisler explained here:

http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=68053#68053

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
markocd

Post by *markocd »

Sorry, I was off for a while.
As I thougt, TC still fulfils all my needs.

I was near the solution before my post, but it didn't work for me. You got me going and I realised, that I shouldn't deselect all other attribute types, while selecting commpressed type. Now its working perfectly.

Thanks to all of you,

Marko