Custom Column Field "Revision"

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Custom Column Field "Revision"

Post by *Balderstrom »

In win2000, when you select properties on a file, there are various things you can define:
Title, Subject, Author, Category, Keywords, Comments.

If you hit [Advanced>>] you can also fill under Origin:
Source, (Author), Revision

I have tried quite a few wdx plugins, but none seem to be able to acquire the "Revision" field, is there some way to do so?

I was attempting to put the version of softwares that I have zipped/rared into this field, and then would easily display in a custom columns...cleans up the file name taking out _v1.44 or (1.75) or what not.

[/u]
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

AFAIK this Revision property is available for MS Office documents only ...
#5767 Personal license
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2Balderstrom
I have tried quite a few wdx plugins, but none seem to be able to acquire the "Revision" field, is there some way to do so?
Hi,

the CDocProp can be used to display Microsoft Office specific information. The field "Revision Number" should be identical to the "Revision" property.
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

sqa_wizard wrote:AFAIK this Revision property is available for MS Office documents only ...
I don't have Office installed, and I can set the revision field on any file. Been using it on Rar's and ZIP's.

Unfortunately that didn't work, suppose I can put the version in the "Comment" field, just would of worked so much better in Revision.
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

The properties of a ZIP/RAR file are stored as "Stream" which is available on NTFS filesystem only.
This means, the info gets lost if you copy it to a FAT/FAT32 partition (e.g. USB-Stick).
You will also notice, that the filesize does NOT increase if you enter any data into the property sheet !

AFAIK there is no content-plugin available yet, to show the content of a stream.
(Just a filesystem plugin and a content plugin to show if a file has a stream)
Last edited by sqa_wizard on 2005-11-03, 16:25 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
#5767 Personal license
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

The stream wont get lost, if files (with the meta data) are placed into a rar, cuz rar can save NTFS streams. Even if moved to a FAT - which I don't use.