Two non-related things (regarding FTP lists and lister)

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

satyr

Two non-related things (regarding FTP lists and lister)

Post by *satyr »

Hey all, this time two non-related things...

1. I am interested if you guys have any idea about this (it's still happening and the only way to avoid it is to set the files as "Rea-only"), see this thread: Crucial FTP related questions !!

2. I somehow managed to screw lister's settings so that now .doc files are displayed as source not as if I would open them with(in Worpad. Any idea on how to change it back as it was before ??

thanks and regards, satyr
Here's a link to my personal Tadej's computing homepage website, please check it out if you're interested in my computing-related articles, discoveries, hints, principles, rules etc.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

First: I would have been nice if you would have explained shortly which is your problem. You must not expect that everyone is so sharp to help you to dig through the mentioned thread and find out which of your four questions isn't answered yet.

So I guess you want to solve the problem about the OK in the FTP List.

There is no way to avoid TC from changing the "ftp" (not "put" or anything else) to "OK-". As Hacker already mentioned TC marks this way which files are downloaded succesfully to prevent downloading the whole list again when the transfer was interrupted.

I think you could do 2 things:

Either backup the List before downloading
Or make a batchfile which replaces the "OK-" by "ftp".

Your second question:

You need a Lister Plugin to display *.doc files as loaded in Word. Here I use IEview. So try to press the [4] key to activate the 'multimedia-plugin'.

Maybe you changed accidently the order of your plugins. Or you disabled Configuration->Options->Edit/view:Configure internal Lister:Multimedia display:"Load bitmaps as graphics at startup".

Hope that helps

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
satyr

Post by *satyr »

Sheepdog wrote:Your second question:

You need a Lister Plugin to display *.doc files as loaded in Word. Here I use IEview. So try to press the [4] key to activate the 'multimedia-plugin'.
Ahh, thanks sheepdog -- :D; that surely did the trick...

satyr
Here's a link to my personal Tadej's computing homepage website, please check it out if you're interested in my computing-related articles, discoveries, hints, principles, rules etc.
satyr

Post by *satyr »

satyr wrote:Ahh, thanks sheepdog -- :D; that surely did the trick...
Oh and one more thing; how do I set it to display *.doc files like this permanently, i.e. to display them each time in this "multimedia-plugin" mode (I've tried with saving the configuration and position, but with no avail) ??

satyr
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

satyr wrote:
satyr wrote:Ahh, thanks sheepdog -- :D; that surely did the trick...
Oh and one more thing; how do I set it to display *.doc files like this permanently, i.e. to display them each time in this "multimedia-plugin" mode (I've tried with saving the configuration and position, but with no avail) ??

satyr
Lister plugins are used in the order they put in the wincmd.ini. Thus you could use different plugins on the same filetype by multiple presssing [4] to cycle through them.
So to make the plugin that displays your docfiles (maybe ieview) the first that claims to display docfiles.

Configuration->Options->Edit/view:Configure internal viewer->Button:LS-Plugins

Put the cursor on the particular plugin press [Shift]+[Up/Down] to bring the plugin to the line before other plugins that claim to display *.doc files.

If you not sure which plugin displays your doc files you may use the TC Plugman Plugins manager, that allows you to disable temporarily, move or configure plugins easily.

sheepdog
Douglas Adams
satyr

Post by *satyr »

Sheepdog wrote:So to make the plugin that displays your docfiles (maybe ieview) the first that claims to display docfiles.

Configuration->Options->Edit/view:Configure internal viewer->Button:LS-Plugins

Put the cursor on the particular plugin press [Shift]+[Up/Down] to bring the plugin to the line before other plugins that claim to display *.doc files.
Hum, there are no plugins at all listed in-there (in the "LS-Plugins" window), i.e. only a "blank" window.

satyr
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

satyr wrote:Hum, there are no plugins at all listed in-there (in the "LS-Plugins" window), i.e. only a "blank" window.
And you still can see the doc files in Lister displayed as in Word by pressing [4]?

That is strange. I just tested it again: With all my plugins disabled the *.doc files look like this instead like this.

As mentioned above I use the http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/ieview.html plugin. Additional I you have to enable:
Configuration->Options->Edit/view:Configure internal Lister:Multimedia display:"Load bitmaps as graphics at startup".
as mentioned above.

Then pressing at [F3] should display the *.doc files like word.

sheepdog
Douglas Adams