Two identical FTP connections - copying between them

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

yinyang

Two identical FTP connections - copying between them

Post by *yinyang »

Hi,

has someone tested TC's behaviour when ie. on left panel we establish FTP[0] and on right FTP[1] at the same FTP adress? I tried to make TC copy from one to another directory on server and I can't - TC thinks, thinks... After "Cancel" it doesn't referesh server's directory structure properly and sometimes loses stability...

Any comments and hints???

Greetings
mk
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

The direct transfer from server to server is supported by TC.

But that must be supportet by both servers, too. Unfortunately mostly this feature is disabled.

I just set two connections to my own Filezilla Server and copied through them. It works fine.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

yinyang,
One of the connections must be made in Passive mode AFAIK (or does it not matter?)
TC Help file wrote:Copy files from one FTP server to another server?
Simply connect to the two servers, so you see their file listings in the two file windows. Then select the file(s) to be copied, and press F5. Please note that remote copy is NOT supported by all servers, and it may also fail through a firewall. The left server will receive PORT commands, the right one PASV commands. Therefore if one server is in a private network or behind a firewall, and the other is public, put the private server in the LEFT window.
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

Hacker wrote:yinyang,
One of the connections must be made in Passive mode AFAIK (or does it not matter?)
With my Filzilla server it works fine in both directions without activating passive mode.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
ado

Post by *ado »

Sheepdog wrote:The direct transfer from server to server is supported by TC.
But that must be supportet by both servers, too. Unfortunately mostly this feature is disabled.
yeah, and we have to just hope, Christian is going to implement this using local filesystem. If i want to copy files FTP->FTP I have to use local dir anyway (when servers doesn't suport remote FTP transfter :?

ado