I search for a Digital Camera Plug-in!

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

I search for a Digital Camera Plug-in!

Post by *pdavit »

I’m looking for a plug-in for my Nikon Coolpix 775 digital camera. I know that there is one available for Canon models. What would be flexible is to implement a transparent plug-in that can be compatible with virtually all digital cameras. It would be nice to include a feature to extract the images without loosing the Exif info in addition to being able to view Exif parameters of individual images. How that sounds to you? Anyone with the experience to do the task? Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Panos
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Have you tried to access the camera via Commands - Open Desktop Directory? Some cameras can be accessed this way, but only if they implement a correct Explorer shell extension. Not even Microsoft has managed to do this with their WindowsCE extension...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Have you tried to access the camera via Commands - Open Desktop Directory? Some cameras can be accessed this way, but only if they implement a correct Explorer shell extension. Not even Microsoft has managed to do this with their WindowsCE extension...
When I connect my camera it appears as a removable media which TC supports more than fine and I can easily browse to the directory where images are stored. I just suggested this plug-in as there might be other useful features by the developer. Like for example the Exif parameters of each image etc. There are tools out there to read Exif details but since we are obsessed with TC I guess we would love the ability to do that via a plug-in. ;)
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
Ergo

Post by *Ergo »

When I connect my camera it appears as a removable media which TC supports more than fine
Not all the cameras behave in this way. I use Canon and while it shows in Explorer as a removable media in Total Commander it does not appear :(

So I use plugin :) which is great :)
Wincmd.ru WWW.TOTALCMD.NET
I see that future is near...